Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What should I charge

• 29-07-2008 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Just looking for some advice. Ive been asked to do the books for a small beauty business and a hair salon.

Duties would be-

Income
    Expenses
    Receipts
    Cash
    Payroll
    VAT
    Income Tax Returns
    PAYE/PRSI
    Day to Day accounting duties.

All in all should take me around 10 hours a week if not less , so just wondering how I should and indeed what I should charge my clients.
    Have done this work many time before but was for friends so didnt charge proper rates !

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Galdonagh

this is a question I grapple with myself. I think you should charge an hourly fee depending on your experience etc. What rate should that be? Good question. I came accross a person who was charging 100.00 euro for doing a vat return that had 12 invoices to be written up. i thought this was steep but from what I can gather this seems to be the going rate. the only problem i see with this is that this is fine for small jobs but what if you get a job that takes you half a day to write up the bi monthly vat invoices? If on the other hand if you charge for time spent on doing a job your fee will reflect the size of the job. Not sure if this is of any help.
    Kevin

Advertisement