Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saturday Night's Main Event Taping Results Spoilers

• 29-07-2008 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

WWE taped this Saturday's edition of Saturday Night's Main Event at the Verizon Center in Washington D.C. Special thanks to Wrestling News World readers Katerina, Katie, B-Dawg, Aaron Coleman, and Alejandro Villarroel for sending text-message updates. If you are attending a WWE event in the near future and would be interested in assisting with our live coverage please email your name, the date of the show, and your mobile number to me by clicking here.

* Ted DiBiase has been spotted entering the building.

* A red carpet has been rolled out.

* A WrestleMania XXIV video package is shown.

Dark Match:
    * Paul London b. Charlie Haas
    - London comes out with a new haircut. He got the win after hitting a shooting star press.

* Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler make their way out to ringside.

Saturday Night's Main Event: (Airing This Saturday)
    * CM Punk comes out to a huge pop with the title belt around his waist as he joins Jerry Lawler and Jim Ross.

* JBL, Cody Rhodes, Kane, and Ted DiBiase Jr. b. John Cena, Cryme Tyme, and Batista.
    - JBL got the win after pinning JTG.

* A video of Carmen Electra is shown speaking on autism.

* The Great Khali b. Jimmy Want Yang.
    Khali won via pinfall in a squash match.

* A video of Jeff Foxworthy is shown speaking on autism.

* Jenny McCarthy is on her way out to ringside.

* Edge b. Jeff Hardy
    Edge got the win with the spear after MVP came out and kicked Jeff in the head.

A reunion for Ross and Lawler

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭mousey007

Why were there only 3 matches and 1 of those was a squash?? it looks pretty pathetic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

mousey007 wrote: »
    Why were there only 3 matches and 1 of those was a squash?? it looks pretty pathetic

It's an hour long show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

A video of Carmen Electra is shown
    That looks like the best bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭herewegoagain

I must say..I lol'd at the sign that said "Mickie James is beefy"..I assume y'all know what im on bout haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

That was a waste of time, the show was usless.
    For all the hype I expected more then Jimmy Wang Jobber.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

I thought the show was useless tbh

From the Observer update:
    --Last night's Saturday Night's Main Event DIED in the ratings. We didn't get a number, but it finished last in its time slot and had only 2.38 million viewers (less the Elite XC believe it or not). Most likely the rating was 1.4 or 1.5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I wasn't expecting a huge rating. All that I can remember being hyped for the show were Jenny McCarthy and autistic children. Not exactly ratings grabbers right there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

what would NBC have wanted??..Are they not one of the biggest networks there??

callaway92 wrote: »

They weren't expecting any huge rating but they were expecting a much higher rating than that.

• Advertisement

thought so alright..Would it be a bigger network than USA or is USA the main one?

thought so alright..Would it be a bigger network than USA or is USA the main one?

USA is on cable and NBC is on network tv so there would be a prestige about being on NBC.

The previous SNMEs got between a 2.2 and a 2.9 rating (the recent ones that is, the old ones did way better). Anything around there probably would have been acceptable, although I believe other shows usually do better than that on Saturday nights for NBC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

I thought Jenny McCartney was going to fight an autistic child :(

pingu_girl wrote: »

That sposed to be funny??

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

You obviously have no idea what autism is do you? If you did, you most probably wouldn't have made such a stupid and insulting comment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

All board the OFFENDED boat.

There is no call for this form of humour on a Wrestling board:

FestusThumb.jpg

wwe_eugene1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 paddy_5000

relax no one died..or alternitively maybe some of you should look into getting a life..

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

paddy_5000 wrote: »
    relax no one died..or alternitively maybe some of you should look into getting a life..

Get a life? I have one cheers and in that life I have witnessed the effects of such an illness first hand. Such an immature comment was uncalled for.

brolly wrote: »
    Get a life? I have one cheers and in that life I have witnessed the effects of such an illness first hand. Such an immature comment was uncalled for.

Then you would know McCartney's charity is based on bull****

It is a Wrestling forum, Wrestling (WWE) is immature.

• Advertisement

Relax everybody

I took pingu_girl's comment to be about the way WWE promoted the show. Like I said earlier, the only things I remember being advertised for it were Jenny McCarthy and autism. It's a wrestling show, they should be advertising some matches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

So have I but I can still laugh about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

You obviously have no idea what autism is do you? If you did, you most probably wouldn't have made such a stupid and insulting comment.

How VERY dare you, I do know that Autism is.

Its WWE its not as if they haven't done sick things before.

Eg http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UyJ3T5dwOOo&feature=related

They could have fair gotten away with it like. I personally love when they do anti PC things. Its supposed to be over the top and entertaining.

.........Besides Id say an austistic child and yer wan of the McCartneys could have easily put on a better match than Kali vs Jimmy Wang Yang.

How VERY dare you, I do know that Autism is.

Its WWE its not as if they haven't done sick things before.

Eg http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UyJ3T5dwOOo&feature=related

They could have fair gotten away with it like. I personally love when they do anti PC things. Its supposed to be over the top and entertaining.

.........Besides Id say an austistic child and yer wan of the McCartneys could have easily put on a better match than Kali vs Jimmy Wang Yang.

More:
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=d5H2ahQ8-XI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

With all due respect guys, i think we're a little on the sensitive side about things, when we watch a program that advocates rape, racism and attempted murder in it's storylines. Jenny vs an Autistic child wouldn't surprise me, and to be honest, you'd still watch if it was put on the program. This was like the time i got slated for my Bret and Eddie jokes on the podcast a few weeks back.

Guys, it was a joke. Get over yourselves!

Regarding SNME, it was only going to be a 3 match card, most SNME's even back in the day was only a 4-5 match card spanned over a 1hr 20 minute show. It was only an hour this time around, so it wasn't gonna be anything spectacular. Although i really enjoyed Jeff v Edge. It was probably the best match i'd seen on free WWE TV in a long time. The rest was throwaway junk.

Also, anyone else getting tired of the amount of overkill recaps in WWE programming lately? I mean, how many times did we have to see Vickie Guerrero tell Edge she put him through hell in a cell?

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Also, anyone else getting tired of the amount of overkill recaps in WWE programming lately? I mean, how many times did we have to see Vickie Guerrero tell Edge she put him through hell in a cell?

VR!

Your right its getting boring seeing the same clip over and over every week.

de5p0i1er wrote: »
    Your right its getting boring seeing the same clip over and over every week.

Same as every Undertaker return ever and it always works.

It's called promotion, the anti-TNA approach where you hammer home again and again key things/angles that will draw money.

How may weeks did Vince McMahon go on about shaving Trumps head at Wrestlemania 23? Alot and it worked really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

How do you figure that out. TNA to recaps of the previous week at the beginning of every show! WWE on the other hand ram it down your throat about 3 or 4 times in a 2 hour show.

Now i'm all on for promotion, but if a 5 minute segment is shown four times, thats 20 minutes of TV time down the crapper, especially when they have recap shows like Bottom Line and Afterburn for that sort of garbage anyway.

I could just think of better ways WWE could spend the 15 minutes. I know Vince things wrestling fans have short memories, but not so short that we need a segment repeated every 30 minutes!

VR!

• Advertisement

How do you figure that out. TNA to recaps of the previous week at the beginning of every show.

In about 30 seconds in a very confusing mannor resulting in 20,000 buys a month and 1.1 rating until the end of time.

I've never understood those Impact recaps. One a few weeks ago confused me so much and I knew I couldn't handle the rest of the show. I was just looking there, last week's show had no recap and the week before that had a recap saying that Booker pinned Joe and won the belt, Joe bet up Booker, Sting bet up Joe and now Joe wants to beat both of them up. Not the greatest... Especially as Booker didn't actually pin Joe

WWE's recaps work for them. Not everyone's going to be watching the start of the show. They're targetted towards the people who'll pay money for a PPV and it works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Did a woman fight an autistic child? Jesus thats shockin

Advertisement