Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what do you eat then?

Options
  • 29-07-2008 10:46am

I've been thinking that a thread about our day to day meals, would be helpful to people curious about our lifestyle.

We might even get idea ourselves by living vicariously through the tastebuds of others.

So what did you eat today?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I've had no substantial meal yet today, but for dinner yesterday (vegan meal):

A simple plate of white rice with a homemade white sauce containing butterbeans. Nyom nyom :)

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

Yesterday had some couscous with chickpea/pepper stew with roasted butternut squash on the side.

Normally go with Italian, Indian or Chinese for dinner, with the occasional veggie burger/chips option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭t-ha

Yesterday;

Breakfast: 2 bowls of cornflakes with oat milk and fruit/nut mix

Second breakfast: Whole-grain bread with hummus & cucumber

Lunch: Mixed veg, noodles, soya mince & red kidney beans with chilli con carne sauce

Second Lunch: same as first

Dinner: Base of red lentils, diced carrots, mung beans, diced celery, cucumber, couscous & provincial herbs topped with a chick pea & soya bean mix with sweet chilli sauce.

Snacks: Popcorn with veg spread & salt, toasted pumkin seed mix

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

How can you fit in a second lunch when you've had 2 bowls of ceral another breakfast and a lunch?!!

So far today I've just had one breakfast of porrige made with soya milk and a little bit of golden syrup, lunch today is last nights dinner - brown rice, lentil dahl and mixed veg & tofu with garlic, ginger and soya sause. Yesterdays lunch was just potoates and a nut burger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Munya

I've only had breakfast yet, I had special k and cold/left-over pasta.
    Wait that's not inticing.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

toast and jam for brekkie, think i'll be having either beans and toast or pizza for dinner - not feeling very well so appetite isn't up to much. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭che81

usually porridge for brekkie with agave syrup, but this morning it was strawberries and a fig roll.

lunch is usually salad with beans and olives. sometimes soup.

dinner tonight is chinese, but usually some shape of tofu with veggies and rice or tatties or stews.

My iron count was low, so I'm eating fortified cereal for breakfast. With some milled flax, pumpkin and sunflower seeds on top. For good fat. I find that it helps my concentration.

Pineapple with cottage chesse for lunch.

Microwave fritatta, with baby potato, chopped walnuts and brie.
    Green salad, strong chedder shavings, with salted tomatos and basil tofu.

I'm going to have a toasted wholemeal pitta with humous before the gym.

And go mad on sour apple chupa chops after. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭t-ha

biZrb wrote: »
    How can you fit in a second lunch when you've had 2 bowls of ceral another breakfast and a lunch?!!
    lol, you should see what I eat when I'm not on a diet! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Just had mushrooms, beans and fried potatoes for breakfast. A rare meal out since somebody is visiting. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭dynastygal

Had a bowl of popcorn (my neighbour does me fresh popcorn from kernels sometimes), a banana....

For dinner, it'll be tofu in blackbean sauce, veg chow mein and mushrooms in chilli and plum sauce from the chinese.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

I veggie not vegan so there are some diary bits in here......

But last night I had pitta bread pizza (ie. pitta bread, smeared with pesto and then peppers, onion, spinach and cheese for the topping with some oven chips),

Lunch today was bowl of lentil and veg curry and for dinner I'm thinking maybe a stirfry with whatever veg is in the fridge, a can of chickpeas some spices from the cupboard and soya sauce served with rice or couscous depending on my mood!

And breakfasts are usually on the run bowl of ceral much like I used to eat back when I ate meat so nothing changed there!!

I'm making my first lasagne today, for a pasta lover friend.
    Spinach, mushroom and artichoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

not vegan, but today i probably had my healthiest set of meals in months.
    for breakfast, was cornflakes, with a few raisins thrown in.
    lunch was a cuppa tea, honeyed toast and an orange.
    had some licourice as a snack later, cos my iron's a bit kaput at the mo.
    dinner was where i impressed myself, with pasta, mushroom and tofu omelette, and some apple fritters (i think? threw some sliced apple on the frying pan when the omelette was done).

normally though, i just live off tea and toast with a bit of fruit for lunch.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Time for tomato and roated red pepper soup. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Oh I don't want to say what I ate today.. it mostly involved a fast food establishment in a theme park lol.. :cool:

Went into Wagamamas recently for a change and it was pretty good, usually steer clear of chinese takeaways etc. though.

Ooooh what one you at? Alton towers is great. The B&B we stayed in was unreal and they had great veggie food including fake meat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

So far today-breakfast was a bag of popcorna and a banana (I was in a rush) and lunch a sandwich with avocado, red onion and tomato. Dinner..I'm thinking of wagamamma's veggie ramen for a treat :D

Just had brown rice with soy sauce along with roasted mushrooms stuffed with fried breadcrumbs, fake rasher, more mushroom, onion and some baby spinach.

Vegetable korma with herby tofu chunks on barley groats.

• Advertisement

Ooooh what one you at? Alton towers is great. The B&B we stayed in was unreal and they had great veggie food including fake meat.

Ummm Blackpool Pleasure Beach :o ..with the King of Burgers and their fine selection of vegetarian foodstuffs..

I ate in BK lst St. Patricks day, and it was vile.
    I have no idea how people have fantasys about such muck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Jack Vegas

Today I ate a bowl of cereale and a panini with salad and low fat cheese. For dinner I'll probably have some Quorn chicken and some spuds.

Tomato and Basil soup from Cafe Fresh for lunch (they have another cookery course starting in a month or two, if anyone is interested).

A banana, pineapple and orange juice smoothie with some home made chips for dinner :)

I had an empty cupboard day.Chessy wholemeal pasta in tomato sauce with basil tofu.

Lunch today, multigrain bread sandwich with cracker barrel cheese, branston pickle, vine tomato slices and salad, with a dash of ground pepper. mmm tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I had an empty cupboard day.Chessy wholemeal pasta in tomato sauce with basil tofu.

Basil tofu you say? I happen to have some basil and some tofu, is there a way of combining them into something nummy for my supper?

The tofu I use is flavoured.
    I put spice crusts on plain tofu sometimes, i stick it with sweet chilli sauce and peanut butter.

Saturday is matar paneer day. MmmmMmmmMmmm

• Advertisement

Vegan pizza for lunch. I made the dough with a breadmaker and added: tomato purée, diced onion, sweet corn, vine tomato slices and pineapple. YUM! Simple and a treat :)

Advertisement