Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what do you eat then?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Primarily Indian curries/dals with whole wheat flat bread or rice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Paola L.

yesterday dinner:
    some raw veg (cherries tomatoes, radish, carrots), rice with spinach walnut and parmisan

today brekfast:
    2 cup of coffes at home, 1 orange, 1 apple, some strawberries, 2 slices of bread with orange marmalade and... a slice of rhubarb pie (i shoul better avoid this... but its too good)

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Emerald Lass

try this one (its veggie, not vegan). This is what we had for evening meal tonight: (2 people)

* fry some large fat mild green chilli peppers (about 4) and 1 chopped onion in olive oil.
    * When its almost translucent, add fresh chopped tomatoes (not tinned) (1 large beef tom per person minimu, or about 3 of the stadard size toms per person).
    * cook it down into a ragu of sorts.
    * Then, crack in a couple of eggs. Your preference if you scramble them around or leave then whole on top til they set. (I refer to leave them whoe)
    *Ta-da quick, tasty and full of protein!

I know it sounds strange to our Irish palate, but it is honestly really yummy. Its called menemen and its a Turkish dish - they often serve it for breakfast. Some people like it really spicy - I like it medium. We usually eat it with greek yoghurt, (well Turksh, but in Ireland Greek will do! lol) and fresh bread.

another alternative to serve with it is Cacik (pronounced Ja-jik). Very siilar to Ztatziki, but thinner consistency:
    * Grate a fresh cucumber into a mixing bowl.
    * Add some thick set greek yoghurt, salt ( a good bit, dont be afraid of it) and some ice cold water.
    * wisk it til its milk type consistency.
    * Add some ice cubes.
    * pour into bowls and enjoy!

Its delish! was a bit dubous myself at first, but OMG, it so refreshing and great over here when its so hot that you can't face 'real' food. Its lovely with anything spicy (works in the same way as raita in Indian cusine) Its great for your skin too!

since I moved to Turkey I have had so many lovely trad Turkish veggie meals - they tend to accompany their meat with a selection of veg meals, so they are not boring like our boiled spuds, carrots and peas!

have loads of nice things in my repotoire now, so if people are interested I'll post more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 fi500

Where do you guys get your flavoured tofus from? Just regular health food shops?

Advertisement