Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partnership or Sole Traders ??

Options
  • 29-07-2008 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

If someone has any advice on the following Id be grateful.

3 people looking to start up hair & beauty business together. 1 person responsible for hair , 2 people responsible for beauty. Want to trade under same name , share the lease ( and premises ) but operate as seperate individuals , ie person doing hair keeps all that revenue , people doing beauty keep all their revenue.

How practical is this really ?? I would have thought that to operate this way they would need to be set up as 2 separate companies. I think they would be able to share the lease , but not sure about the company name.

Advice wise , is it better ( financially as well as everything else ) to operate a 3 way partnership and just share the hi's and low's or set up 2 different business. One of the people involved is my sister and I just dont want to see her make any mistakes.

All advice very much appreciated.
    :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 rummy

Firstly, I have deregistered my company recently as it was too expensive to run and the monthly reporting was annoying. However, I bought my company originally 'off the shelf' for about €480 (www.cfi.ie). You could set up the business as a company and then lease the chair to the relevant hairdresser and the relevant space to the beauty person -thus enabling them to have their own revenue stream. The company has separate legal entity from the directors.

Alternatively you could set up as a partnership - 3 people share in the profits and losses. You need to register the business name (http://www.cro.ie/en/business-registration-business-name.aspx) no matter what legal entity you decide. I would recommend that you write a partnership deed outlining the responsibilities of each partner and what happens if someone becomes incapacitated.

What is also useful are the business plan workbooks from any bank i.e. AIB; BOI etc which covers legal forms.

Hope this helps and the more advice you get the better!!!

Advertisement