Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get onto the netopia homepage.

Options
  • 29-07-2008 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭

My friend is a jackass.
    He was screwing around with the wireless settings last nigh and now cannot get onto the netopia page because he doesn't know what user name or password to use.

Is there a default or should he ring Eircom?

I've tried eircom@eircom.net and the password broadband1, but that didn't work.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Terry wrote: »
    My friend is a jackass.
    He was screwing around with the wireless settings last nigh and now cannot get onto the netopia page because he doesn't know what user name or password to use.

Is there a default or should he ring Eircom?

I've tried eircom@eircom.net and the password broadband1, but that didn't work.

The easiest way to get into the netopia when jackasses have been messing around is to connect by ethernet.

If he has been messing around how can he expect Eircom to know what he did? Imagine feeling sorry for an isp now that is some accomplishment!!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Could just hold down the reset button, on the back fro a while and that should return modem to the factory default settings, just need to enter the BB details again and away you go

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

dub45 wrote: »
    The easiest way to get into the netopia when jackasses have been messing around is to connect by ethernet.

If he has been messing around how can he expect Eircom to know what he did? Imagine feeling sorry for an isp now that is some accomplishment!!!!:rolleyes:
    It is connected to the ethernet.
    That's what's so messed up. He didn't need to go near the wireless settings.

Could just hold down the reset button, on the back fro a while and that should return modem to the factory default settings, just need to enter the BB details again and away you go

MC

I'll give that a go. Thanks.

It is connected to the ethernet.
    That's what's so messed up. He didn't need to go near the wireless settings.

I'll give that a go. Thanks.

My friend is a jackass.
    He was screwing around with the wireless settings last nigh

I don't know who the jack ass is!!!!

If you want help and dont want to be wasting people's time could you please explain exactly what have you done so far - connections etc????

And could you please make up your mind as to what exactly your friend did???

I don't know who the jack ass is!!!!

If you want help and dont want to be wasting people's time could you please explain exactly what have you done so far - connections etc????

And could you please make up your mind as to what exactly your friend did???
    He was screwing around with the wireless setting via the netopia site.

Anyway, the reset button did the trick.
    Thanks for the condescending reply.

• Advertisement

He was screwing around with the wireless setting via the netopia site.

Anyway, the reset button did the trick.
    Thanks for the condescending reply.

If you asked the question properly and didnt waste people's time then you would not be getting 'condescending' replies.

If you asked the question properly and didnt waste people's time then you would not be getting 'condescending' replies.
    I mentioned your name here.
    Just thought I would give you a heads up.
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56723121

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I may have totally missed the point, but I thought that the password prompt is nothing to do with wireless, it's for the router itself. So I would expect that prompt to be displayed regardless of how he connects.

eoin_s wrote: »
    I may have totally missed the point, but I thought that the password prompt is nothing to do with wireless, it's for the router itself. So I would expect that prompt to be displayed regardless of how he connects.

You should be always get to the router home page by ethernet http://192.168.1.254 however if you have been messing around with wireless settings then you may not be able to get onto to the network by wireless to acess the routers home page. It wasn't clear to me from the original post whether the access had been lost to the wireless network or to the router. In hindsight I should have looked at the image attached to the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

You should be always get to the router home page by ethernet http://192.168.1.254 however if you have been messing around with wireless settings then you may not be able to get onto to the network by wireless to acess the routers home page.

I know that much, but as I understand it regardless of the connection type you will still get prompted for logon credentials if the router is set up to request them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

If you asked the question properly and didnt waste people's time
    LOL
    The next time someone asks me for help with something they're clueless about to the point of not really knowing how to ask the question, I'll respond with that charming opener...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You should be always get to the router home page by ethernet http://192.168.1.254 however if you have been messing around with wireless settings then you may not be able to get onto to the network by wireless to acess the routers home page.

If you go to configure (have to be in expert mode), there is an option to set a password on the router. I'm not 100% but I think if you set a password it will ask you even if you're connected via ethernet. That's probably what happened.

Glad to see you got it sorted, Terry.

Dudess wrote: »
    LOL
    The next time someone asks me for help with something they're clueless about to the point of not really knowing how to ask the question, I'll respond with that charming opener...

Its copyright and only used under extreme provocation:)

Advertisement