Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get a Bamboo steamer?

• 29-07-2008 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi!

Does anyone know where one could buy a bamboo steamer in the dublin area?

Many thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I'd say most Asian shops will sell them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Watching celebrity masterchef by any chance?

I'm interested in getting one myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mege Dalton

You should try the Oriental Emporium on George st, its just around the corner from the Market bar (Fade street)...failing that the Asia Market, 18 Drury st.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Joe's fanclub

That's great, thanks for you help !

Nope, was watching chinese made easy last night,
    looked like some mighty tasty food ;)

Actually going to be a gift for someone, but might get one myself,
    will go down the Georges st area and let you know how I got on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mege Dalton

Ha, what a coincidence! I like that show too, recorded it last night on DVR, and about to take a break from work to go watch it (home office today). Huge fan of chinese cooking and my cubboard is full of chinese cooking basics like soya sauce, szechuan pepper, shaoshin wine etc...

Happy shopping!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Joe's fanclub

I recorded it too! Was blown away by how healthy it all was, compared to our 'chinese' take aways! Definately going to get into it, they have some books by Ching-He Huang on amazon and Bbc shop too if you're interested :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Fuschia Dunlop does some good Chinese cookery books - the Revolutionary Chinese Cookbook is a good one, avail. on amazon... Nice if you like a bit of history with your cookery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Murt10

If you have any difficulty getting the steamer, I suggest you try a place called Caterworld, Unit 3, Nangor Road Business Park ,Nangor Road, Clondalkin.

It's a huge warehouse. It's where the chinese shops and restaurants buy much of their stock. Ingredients (sold in bulk or by the single packet), different size woks, pots nearly big enough to boil a pig whole, foreign vegetables, strange frozen fish, rice by the sack.

It's open to the public although they don't accept cheques/cards etc. Cash on the nail for private punters.

They have masses of other stuff that I never seen for sale anywhere else. It's a real treasure trove.

Well worth a visit

Murt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Steamer note: 10" steamer with two stacking trays and a lid is a good size for most steaming requirements. Fits nicely over most saucepan sizes so you can steam veggies while you're boiling something else, for instance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Lemon

They have those bamboo steamers in the big Avoca shop on the Naas Road (near Saggart - CityWest) saw them there on Sunday....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ningning

Hi, there is a shop in Walkinstown names SOO KEE, they have pretty much steamer there. Hope you get what u r looking for :)

Advertisement