Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT centres in Dublin and Kildare

Options
  • 29-07-2008 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

I have to NCT my car (Porsche 944S2) as I feel I should be complying with law etc. However, on reading some of the posts here on damage to cars as a result of the NCT, I am now really nervous. I love my car, am very protective of it (aka anal!!) and only drive it occassionally so dont want someone inexperienced in a test centre wrecking it.

Does anyone have any positive experiences with the test centres around Dublin/Kildare (preferably Liffey Valley and Naas as these are closest) where they respect your car??

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I always use Fonthill and have never had a car wrecked there.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

was in ballymun on saturday. asked the lads could i show them some things before they took it in. car is made of fibre glass so i was worried they put a foot through a sil! but they did well and looked after it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭lynchie

Have used both Fonthill and Naas and never had an issue with either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

Never had any problems with Naas - 5 tests.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

For the amount of cars that go through the NCT nationally each year, the number of anecdotes about damage to cars is so slim that I wouldn't waste time worrying about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

lynchie wrote: »
    Have used both Fonthill and Naas and never had an issue with either.

Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

Yep, no problems in Fonthill either.
    Each time the mechanics have been pretty sound as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

In fonthill once, golf being tested, you could hear the engine screaming from the rev's, something went pop, water burst everywhere.

Advertisement