Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waterproof Paniers

Options
  • 29-07-2008 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

Hey,

After the lovely seasonal weather last night/today can anyone recomend a good waterproof panier for commuting to work? (bringing change of clothes shoes towel kinda stuff)

Thanks,

Oisin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Ortlieb Back Roller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Morgan wrote: »
    Ortlieb Back Roller.

Ortlieb panniers are very good.

I also have a pair of these. Lots of space, effective, and have day-glo pannier covers that roll out from the top pouch, giving you plenty more visibility on the dark / dull weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Ortlieb indeed have the reputation. If you already have panniers though just stick a waterproof bin-bag in them; I commute 12 months of a year without difficulty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Treade

altura panniers in cyclogical are also the business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Careful when buying the Altura ones, the ones I have are not very waterproof at all.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭rp

Morgan wrote: »
    Ortlieb Back Roller.
    Agree. This morning the laptop and change of clothes all nice and dry, unlike me, but as it was warm, I went for the SPD sandals - better than wet socks and shoes...

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭MadHatter

Another vote for Ortlieb. I have Front Roller Classics that I use on the rear rack. Smaller than the Back Roller but still plenty of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Indeed, if panniers are not sold with waterproof as a selling point, they most certainly are not. I think due to the low position they tend to get wetter than a bag up on the rack (or on your back would.)

Advertisement