Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions of this advertising method

Options
  • 29-07-2008 11:57am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Hey All,
    Homebase have recently open a store here in Portlaoise. I was contacted yesterday by a salesperson for the store to advertise with them. I'd love your opinions about the return i might get.
    The are going to install a touchscreen display type computer that dispenses business cards in a prominent position in their store. It's a 24 month contract and the cost works out at €20 a week ex VAT. They supply and help design the business cards.

Anyone got any opinions on this type of advertising?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

You don't mention what business you are in but I think the concept is a good idea.

As far a return on the advertising cost....as it will be in Homebase I would guess it would only really be benefical to building related companies (plumbers, interior design, carpenters etc)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

It an IT company. See sig.

Good point about being more suited to trades advertising

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭lanod2407

IT ads in Homebase - not really.
    Would be like advertising Car Servicing in Mothercare - wrong audience!

Advertisement