Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

glanza turbo

Options
  • 29-07-2008 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

hi all!!

i have been looking for a glanza for the past few months but havn't found anyting i like so far! :(

was just wondering if anyone knew any good sites where i could possibly find some ads, etc.

im in louth and it would be great to get one close by as with work etc it would be a lot handier because i have travelled a few times to look at some but with no joy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Do you like burberry baseball caps?

If the answer is no then why do you want a glanza turbo.... if the answer is yes, enough said!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

steve06 wrote: »

If the answer is no then why do you want a glanza turbo.... if the answer is yes, enough said!

Whats caps got to do with cars? :confused:

Its a cheap handy first car that would be suitable for someone like OP.

They are pretty quick in a straight line but they don't do corners terribly well.

As you can probably tell they ain't too popular round here due to their reputation as being a tossers car.

Carzone has all you will need:
    Glanzas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

Do you wear socks with your sandals?

If the answer is yes then why don't you stop with pointless stereotyped posts old man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

Carzone should be flooded with them. Theres 78 to choose from.

Including this one below
    car is spotless.. bonnet removed to aid cooling.. 3 good alloys.. one is slighty damaged but can be repaired cheap with a hammer. fmic fitted and car is running 3.2bar of boost!! super fast.. car comes with previous owner who will preform many chours such as cleaning and washing in return for food.. serious callers only. no time wasters as jimmy needs a good home to go to with this beauitful car...

Though this one is oddly funny910362_20080722110741_1.jpg
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Toyota/Glanza/bext-example/910362/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭CPG

Guys, enough of the car snobbery, If you can't answer the question with manners then keep your offending opinions to yourself. We all have different tastes in cars.

Steph09, get yourself onto a good Glanza forum, keep your eyes peeled on all the online classifieds. carzone.ie, buyandsell.ie, newspapers. Also depending on your budget you could go to the UK or Northern Ireland and import a car.

usedcarsni.com, ebay.co.uk etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

ronoc wrote: »
    They are pretty quick in a straight line but they don't do corners terribly well.

Fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 steph09

dont see what the stereotype has to do with anything????

i know a few people who own glanzas, not one of them abuse their cars and none of them are this sterotype that you seem to point out.

just so happens that they area nice little car and in my opinion especially for girls who just want a nice lookin small car!!

i've my full licence, im almost 22 so right now i think this car would be a great choice :D

thanks for your advice ronoc :D to be honest though speed is a bonus but i wouldn't be into racing or that i just think its a lovely car

theres some lovely choices on carzone and some good bargains... thanks :D

thanks CPG :D

i'll check out them websites, i wouldn't have a problem importing i know someone that could get that sorted its just the thought of waiting but i suppose if its in NI or england i wouldn't be waitin too long :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,910 ✭✭✭✭L1011

PCros wrote: »
    Whats caps got to do with cars? :confused:

Its a cheap handy first car that would be suitable for someone like OP.

:eek::eek:

Not a suitable first car unless you want to sit the test in a neck brace...

• Advertisement

it would be my third car :D

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Hi Steph,

Not sure if you'd be interested but my mate has 2 95 Starlet GT Turbo's just in from Japan for sale. One of them is White, in absolutely mint and original condition, it's got very low mileage ( with a certificate to prove so ), it really is in perfect condition, i'd have it myself only for I can't get insurance on it. He has a GT Advance with a few nice touches to it aswell for sale. They haven't seen irish roads yet.

If you have any interest send me a PM and I can pass you on his details. Ohhh and both are VRT'd so they're ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

steph09 wrote: »
    it would be my third car :D

Would you think of one of these:

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Peugeot/106/GTi/1077271/

As fast as you will ever want and they have brilliant roadholding and brakes as standard, unlike a standard Glanza. Nice colour on this one too.

Like it or not Glanza's have a boy racer stigma. So if you buy one prepare to be raced, hassled by the fuzz etc. Also your insurance may be huge. No reflection on you or anything.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Be wary of Turbo cars advertised as "1.3 on log book".

Ferris wrote: »
    Would you think of one of these:

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Peugeot/106/GTi/1077271/

As fast as you will ever want and they have brilliant roadholding and brakes as standard, unlike a standard Glanza. Nice colour on this one too.

Like it or not Glanza's have a boy racer stigma. So if you buy one prepare to be raced, hassled by the fuzz etc. Also your insurance may be huge. No reflection on you or anything.

I was going to recommend something like this. Or a Saxo VTS. Both very good cars and fairly nippy with superiour handling to the Glanza. Much easier to Insure also.

Insurance companies also do not like the Glanzas. They tend to enjoy under steering through hedges hence the loading.
    I'm convinced half of them are only on the road because they are insured and as non-turbos.

If you do go for a Glanza try not to buy ones that have been modified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

steph09 wrote: »

dont see what the stereotype has to do with anything????

i know a few people who own glanzas, not one of them abuse their cars and none of them are this sterotype that you seem to point out.

just so happens that they area nice little car and in my opinion especially for girls who just want a nice lookin small car!!

i've my full licence, im almost 22 so right now i think this car would be a great choice :D

thanks for your advice ronoc :D to be honest though speed is a bonus but i wouldn't be into racing or that i just think its a lovely car

theres some lovely choices on carzone and some good bargains... thanks :D

If the speed doesn't bother you, then you could also look at the Glanza V, which is the non-turbo model. These would be cheaper to buy.
    If you get the turbo, try to get an unabused model. Too many of them are tuned beyond their capabilities and done unprofessionally, also many of them are not insured, you'll spot these as "1.3 on log book" in the add. As one of the lads said, check out a forum for enthusiasts, and they'll know what suspension mods work best with these, cause standard they're quite poor, and don't buy a lowered one unless the suspension is completely upgraded as that'll only give a harsh ride added to the existing crapness!
    Oh, one more thing, loose the dump valve when you get it!

Vertakill wrote: »
    Do you wear socks with your sandals?

If the answer is yes then why don't you stop with pointless stereotyped posts old man?
    the answer is I don't have sandals, and I'm not an old man and lets face it... glanzas have a bad rep, they always will!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

For those who want to be judged, you've come to the right forum.

While I don't patricularly like them myself, they do handle very well, and do corners very well. ronoc, kayos, what model/year did ye drive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Biro wrote: »
    Glanza V, which is the non-turbo model.

The Glanza S is the non-turbo model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

+1

• Advertisement

Max_Damage wrote: »
    The Glanza S is the non-turbo model.

:D There I go then, ta!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

Ah I'm only joking steve06 but I'm sure you know that :P

Just bit bad on the girl looking for a good place to find one and you're giving her grief within... 12 minutes of her post. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭campervan

hi steph, dont mind some of these comments, if you have your eye on a car, then go for it. I would recommend you looking in the north though, I got my car up there for a couple grand cheaper than what it would have been here, including vrt, in better condition with better spec. you wouldnt wait any longer than you would here.

good luck :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

JHMEG wrote: »
    For those who want to be judged, you've come to the right forum.

While I don't patricularly like them myself, they do handle very well, and do corners very well. ronoc, kayos, what model/year did ye drive?

Dont like them myself either, I drove a 97 turbo one and didn't find it to be that great in the handling department to be honest, I drove a saxo vts a couple of days earlier and found it to be far superior (both were standard).
    lets face it... glanzas have a bad rep, they always will!

Very true but that doesn't mean that everyone that comes on here looking for advice on one fits the bad rep

Vertakill wrote: »
    Ah I'm only joking steve06 but I'm sure you know that :P

Just bit bad on the girl looking for a good place to find one and you're giving her grief within... 12 minutes of her post. :)
    yea I know, but I just hate them... In the last few months I've had 3 Glanzas and a civic try to 'race' me on the M50 - I have no interest and to see them tearing off up the road while there's major roadworks with a smile on their face that they've 'beaten' me because I didn't accept their offer... it just has a lasting image of the kind of people that buy them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Erebus

This isn't even a Glanza.
    Carzone should be flooded with them. Theres 78 to choose from.

Including this one below

Though this one is oddly funny910362_20080722110741_1.jpg
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Toyota/Glanza/bext-example/910362/

ronoc wrote: »
    I was going to recommend something like this. Or a Saxo VTS. Both very good cars and fairly nippy with superiour handling to the Glanza. Much easier to Insure also.

Insurance companies also do not like the Glanzas. They tend to enjoy under steering through hedges hence the loading.
    I'm convinced half of them are only on the road because they are insured and as non-turbos.

If you do go for a Glanza try not to buy ones that have been modified.

Yeah and modify it yourself :)

If the speed doesn't bother you, then you could also look at the Glanza V, which is the non-turbo model. These would be cheaper to buy.
    If you get the turbo, try to get an unabused model. Too many of them are tuned beyond their capabilities and done unprofessionally, also many of them are not insured, you'll spot these as "1.3 on log book" in the add. As one of the lads said, check out a forum for enthusiasts, and they'll know what suspension mods work best with these, cause standard they're quite poor, and don't buy a lowered one unless the suspension is completely upgraded as that'll only give a harsh ride added to the existing crapness!

Sorry mate the Glanza V is the turbo version not the Glanza S.
    The 1.3 on the log book was an insurance scam but this isn't the case any more, this is the first thing the gards check for theses days.

Erebus wrote: »
    Sorry mate the Glanza V is the turbo version not the Glanza S.
    I know, that was corrected earlier in the thread.
    Erebus wrote: »
    The 1.3 on the log book was an insurance scam but this isn't the case any more, this is the first thing the gards check for theses days.

It's still done in ignorance though. Guards aren't aware enough of this if you ask me.

(no need for the angry face!)

• Advertisement

I know, that was corrected earlier in the thread.

It's still done in ignorance though. Guards aren't aware enough of this if you ask me.

(no need for the angry face!)

didn't ask you ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement