Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

glanza turbo

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Erebus

Ferris wrote: »
    Would you think of one of these:

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Peugeot/106/GTi/1077271/

As fast as you will ever want and they have brilliant roadholding and brakes as standard, unlike a standard Glanza. Nice colour on this one too.

Like it or not Glanza's have a boy racer stigma. So if you buy one prepare to be raced, hassled by the fuzz etc. Also your insurance may be huge. No reflection on you or anything.

If you buy a peug you'll be french and gay.
    Glanza's are pocket rockets and have a boy racer stigma for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Total knack car, doesn't matter what anyone says, odd's are it's a little scummer driving one 90% of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Erebus wrote: »

I wouldn't say that about a 205 GTI, 405 Mi16, or a 505 V6.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

draffodx wrote: »
    Very true but that doesn't mean that everyone that comes on here looking for advice on one fits the bad rep

That's what I was trying to say, but worded badly.

I, personally, hate Glanza's and 90% of people that drive them have ridiculous exhausts/dump valves on them and try to race you (and fail miserably) at every other traffic light.

In saying that, I'm reserving judgement on the OP because she doesn't seem to be looking for one for the wrong reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Glanza's are pocket rockets and have a boy racer stigma for a reason.

Thats just as bad as people stereotyping all glanza drivers as knackers :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Thats just as bad as people stereotyping all glanza drivers as knackers :rolleyes:

Thats my point ...........all or even 90% of pueg drivers are sorry aren't gay.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

A disappointing car! Thought it'd be a proper pocket rocket when my mate got it took it for a spin, was slightly fast, there is faster and smoother out there!

Go for one if you want OP they are generally abused in japan, so thread careful and has being stated alot here insurance companies don't like you coming to them. they might load it as your only 22. You might be better off with a "normal" car to build up no claims first!
    Best of luck hope you can find a good one, and +1000000 getting rid of the dump valve, people will respect you alot more!

Lets stop feeding the troll guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

cabrwab wrote: »
    A disappointing car! Thought it'd be a proper pocket rocket when my mate got it took it for a spin, was slightly fast, there is faster and smoother out there!
    You can sing that. I was so unimpressed, after all the bullsh*t surrounding them. And most of them do try to race ya. I've only seen one in an actual race once, and it lost, much to the surprise of the chav behind the wheel. (Note : I'm not calling all owners chavs, this one just happened to be!)

What do you mean "get rid of the dump valve" ?
    Surely that would damage the car ?

Biro wrote: »
    You can sing that. I was so unimpressed, after all the bullsh*t surrounding them. And most of them do try to race ya. I've only seen one in an actual race once, and it lost, much to the surprise of the chav behind the wheel. (Note : I'm not calling all owners chavs, this one just happened to be!)

Depends alot on the driver and setup.

YouTube is full of drag races , track races etc.

and granted there are chavs driving all kinds of cars.

• Advertisement

What do you mean "get rid of the dump valve" ?
    Surely that would damage the car ?

Theres no dump valve in them to begin with so how would removing one to put the car back to standard damage the car?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Vertakill wrote: »
    That's what I was trying to say, but worded badly.

I, personally, hate Glanza's and 90% of people that drive them have ridiculous exhausts/dump valves on them and try to race you (and fail miserably) at every other traffic light.

In saying that, I'm reserving judgement on the OP because she doesn't seem to be looking for one for the wrong reasons.

so does this mean you were racing back and won the race??? :D
    who is the little boy racer now LOL

Theres no dump valve in them to begin with so how would removing one to put the car back to standard damage the car?

There is an oem dump valve as standard on the car. Its a quiet dump valve you want.

There is an oem dump valve as standard on the car. Its a quiet dump valve you want.

true indeed, but theres no harm changing it back to the recirculating one instead of having the atmospheric one making the silly noise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Max_Damage wrote: »
    505 V6.
    I owned one of those for 9 months. Didn't pay anything for it. I think it could be a gay car tho. It's styling is def dodgy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

JHMEG wrote: »
    I owned one of those for 9 months. Didn't pay anything for it. I think it could be a gay car tho. It's styling is def dodgy.

Each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Each to their own.

cool video...

That's funny, I'd say the rest of the people on that track day were delighted he was out!

One of the best vids I've seen in a while! :)

kceire wrote: »
    so does this mean you were racing back and won the race??? :D
    No, he said they try to race, but end up getting it all wrong. eg accidentally selecting reverse, push the brake instead of the accelerator etc. He doesn't race them back, he just sits there looking at the idiocy of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Enough of the tarring with the big brush now ...

Anyone got anything useful to say on topic by any chance / for a change ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

yea skangerMEbanger

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Thanks a bleedin' million, Colin! You're sound as a bleedin' pound!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,437 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

We're done here methinks

key_lock-animated.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement