Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

glanza

Options
  • 29-07-2008 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

hi all!!

i have been looking for a glanza for the past few months but havn't found anyting i like so far! frown.gif

was just wondering if anyone knew any good sites where i could possibly find some ads, etc.

im in louth and it would be great to get one close by as with work etc it would be a lot handier because i have travelled a few times to look at some but with no joy.

thanksbiggrin.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

look for an irish owners forum, they should have a for sale section where you should find a decent one, you will have to be willing to travel to get the right one though as alot of them will have been ragged by idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭s14driftking

go onto www.dtdirl.com ad get tom at next geeration imports to get u a minty fresh one from japan;)he,s based in dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 steph09

thanks il check that out:D

how long do you think it would take to import?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭s14driftking

from purchasing to actual starting to drive id say about 3 months;)just make sure when u get it in straight away to get it mapped for irish fuel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Erebus

Register on this site http://www.toyotagtturbo.com
    and your eyes will be opened.

:D

• Advertisement

from purchasing to actual starting to drive id say about 3 months;)just make sure when u get it in straight away to get it mapped for irish fuel

Why is irish fuel different from japanese fuel ?
    Get what mapped you can't remap a standard glanza ecu?:mad:

go onto www.dtdirl.com ad get tom at next geeration imports to get u a minty fresh one from japan;)he,s based in dublin

There's loads in the country already and you get to drive them before you buy them.

good luck steve. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Erebus wrote: »
    Why is irish fuel different from japanese fuel ?
    Get what mapped you can't remap a standard glanza ecu?:mad:

Different Octane content.

Japan is 96-100 RON?, IE fuel isn't... basically you'll fubar your engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

is steph a dude or a chick?

steph are you looking for a glanza v(turbo) or glanza s(non turbo)

• Advertisement

Think you missed my 2nd point.

The only difference between 98 and 95 RON (Research Octane Number) is that 98 RON is less likely to pre-ignite under higher cylinder pressures, for example if you turn the boost pressure up on the turbo so you run a higher boost the old 95 RON would explode before the spark plug could ignite it which is bad for the engine, the 98 RON is more likely to explode when the spark plug ignites it and not before. Saying all that though unless you run a stupid amount of boost 95 RON is OK.

Fact : Leaded petrol back in the 80's had a RON value of 99.. bloody rocket fuel

erebus, im gonna have a look at that website, thanks:D

copeyhagen... erm steph is a chick lol :P

im lookin for a glanza v

im not sure about waiting 3 months i have had a look at trade car view and it'd be, no doubt a better deal, its just a long wait:(

Check Trevors selection he'll keep you right ;)

thanks;)

No problem about time you got some decent advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

erebus out of 8 posts in this thread only 1 was helpful

guil07 wrote: »

Agreed

Also in japan you can get petrol rated from 98 ron to 104 ron, cars like the subaru legacy need the high ron content to reach there big bhp figures, so if you run a Glanza v over here then you'll be down on power, you'll lose about 15bhp.

If a standard glanza ecu isn't remapable then a piggy back ecu should be used to get the power back up to normal

guil07 wrote: »

Sorry, I'll try to be more helpful in the future.

draffodx wrote: »
    Agreed

Also in japan you can get petrol rated from 98 ron to 104 ron, cars like the subaru legacy need the high ron content to reach there big bhp figures, so if you run a Glanza v over here then you'll be down on power, you'll lose about 15bhp.

If a standard glanza ecu isn't remapable then a piggy back ecu should be used to get the power back up to normal

What ?????????? does a piggyback ecu make 95 ron into 104 ron ?
    you'll be make water into wine next.

• Advertisement

What ?????????? does a piggyback ecu make 95 ron into 104 ron ?
    you'll be make water into wine next.

no it doesn't, it adjusts feul flow and air flow to optimise the usage of 95ron petrol

And you are recommending that this is the first modification you make once you get a new glanza?

all because the fuel ron is 95 in Ireland. Theres no point spending a couple of grand on an piggy back ecu and remapping without doing some reasonable modification first.

Something cheap like an uprated air filter would see ya good.

And you are recommending that this is the first modification you make once you get a new glanza?

all because the fuel ron is 95 in Ireland. Theres no point spending a couple of grand on an piggy back ecu and remapping without doing some reasonable modification first.

Something cheap like an uprated air filter would see ya good.

I'm not really knowledgable on Glanza's but an ecu and remap wouldn't cost over a grand around 600-800 i'd imagine.

I never mentioned at all about it being the first modification, it would definately be something I would do though, and of course getting it mapped for modifications you have would also be reccomended.

Are you saying you'd happily run a turbo car on irish feul and push it when it will be running lean?

I'd imagine its more.

Running a standard glanza there no problem with running lean on Irish fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

looks like youve started a war op

ah just go for e5 if youre really worried about it- it wouldnt be something id worry about right away not unless you plan on keeping the car for ages

Id prefer a gt to be honest but thats just me

Id still keep an eye out in Ireland though
    from experience there are clean ones out there with two irish owners(dealer and new owner)- there the sort of car people generally dont keep for a long time unless theyre going for major mods
    getting one from japland doesnt neccesarily mean itll be clean
    plus theres a load of them in the country

but sadly a lot are overpriced just have to wait for the right one:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i got a quote for a full remap on my legacy b4 for 600 euro from a well renowned english subaru mapper.

steph i asked if u were a chick cuz someone said "good luck steve" in one of the posts above mine

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

theres one on adverts.ie there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Duff

Run on e5 OP and you'll be fine, thats all I run mine on and its grand. If you do want an ecu remap it will be about 550-700 quid. And if your looking for a fuel controller dont look any further than HKS F-Con.

back on topic here is a nice looking one

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Toyota/Glanza/Car/1121813/

• Advertisement

Yep, I agree with Duff, 2nd hand your talkn' 200 to 300 euro for the hks f-con.

Advertisement