Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

opel air flow meter

Options
  • 29-07-2008 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi guys dropped my car into to the opel garage here in galway today they rang me and told me the air flow meter was the problem and that it will 320 to replace it.

Is this how much it costs?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭gogs2006

I replaced the air flow meter on my girlfriends astra for €180 without warranty..

They quoted me €320 with a warranty

I rang the parts dept and fitted the Airflow meter myself..

Did they offer you the option of no warranty???

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭smartypants

gogs2006 wrote: »
    I replaced the air flow meter on my girlfriends astra for €180 without warranty..

+1 buy the part and fit it yourself, its 2 minutes work. you just need to unplug the sensor cable and remove the two metal bands, replace meter, stick sensor back in and put metal bands back on. btw i had a corsa. was two years a go and the part cost 120 i think

this is it http://www.bba-reman.com/content.aspx?content=vauxhall_astra_corsa_air_flow_meter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

I fitted an Opel Air flow meter to my own car recently too. Part was €180 and is really easy to fit. Only takes a minute or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Get the part from an independent or motor factor. I'm not very mechanically minded but I did it in less than 5 mins at a total cost of €95 for the part. Do a search and you should find my thread. someone put a photo of where you need to change the part in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭richfly

gogs2006 wrote: »

No they never said anything about a warranty,should it not come with a warranty anyway?

• Advertisement
Advertisement