Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

mitsubishi eclipse

Options
  • 29-07-2008 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

does anyone know where i can get one and if you can get them in right hand drive

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

You can import one from Japan, and they're all RHD over there.
    There's also some in the US but I doubt you'd be interested in a LHD one.

I was very interested in getting one of these nearly 2 years ago but I found it too time consuming trying to find a clean 3rd gen one.

I've never driven one and I really wanted to, but one thing that kind of irked me was the fact that the high end 3ltr V6 (3rd gen) in the GTS was only giving 210bhp.. this on top of the fact it was FWD.

Really eye catching car when modded properly though.
    I ended up settling for the 190bhp Celica.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

AFAIK all Elclipses are LHD. don't think they're sold in Japan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

colm_mcm wrote: »
    AFAIK all Elclipses are LHD. don't think they're sold in Japan

True (well, the LHD part anyway).

They were only imported into Japan from America as LHD.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Supra lover 87

Well im looking for a 97 98 kinda shape eclipse and im irish so can ya convert it to right hand drive or do any of you know where there is one converted for sale

Jesus that's true - I must've been lucky last time I was looking because there were a couple on a Jap auction that were RHD but they're few and far between now.

First time I saw one was when I was on holidays in Florida and I instantly wanted one.

5C69425401F.jpg

5C69425401R.jpg

Only a handful on jap auctions at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

FTO is a much better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Supra lover 87

ahhh man the fto is a hairdressers car the eclipse is a way better car more rare in ireland thats why i want it it looks class and it has a decent amount of power im thinking of getting on in from japan a rhd does anyone have any more ideas on the car where i can go about getting one

The FTO and Eclipse are really similar. But the GTS spec Eclipse would be pretty nice, and so so rare in Ireland.

Would be quick enough as well. Would throw it in, roughly, with the Integras, Celicas, Altezza's but would be very rare.

Have a look around http://auctions.bonsaicars.com everyday and you might find a nice RHD one.

Advertisement