Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Navara Spare Wheel Problem

• 29-07-2008 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello there
    I bought a 2006 Navara Outlaw privately a few weeks ago and as I am intending driving round the country for a few days I decided to make sure I could access the spare wheel in case of puncture etc on my travels. However, when I tried to lower the spare by inserting the jack rod in the space underneath the tailgate I noticed that it wasn’t engaging. I then looked in with a flash light and noticed that I couldn’t see the T-shaped opening of the spare wheel winch. All I could see was some sort of a nut. I'm assuming that the T-shaped opening of the spare wheel winch was probably connected there and that it was previously winched so tight that it broke off. Anyway, I can't get the spare wheel down as a result. I would be grateful if anyone could advise on how to get around this, or if I can buy the opening of the spare wheel winch and attach it or has anyone ever had this problem. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭smallfry

Hi, I'm refreshing this post because i've just had the same problem...
    Can anyone help....?

cheers

smallfry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

If you can see a nut then a socket and a long extension will probably be the best way to get the wheel down.
    Have you asked Nissan if they sell that part? It sounds like a common problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭chasm

i asked my Brother about this as he has an 06 navara also and funnily enough recently had the same problem--There is a key, like you get for the lock nut on alloy wheels, somewhere in the navara--the brother hasnt found it yet!! I think he said that it attaches to the other part you mentioned!

Advertisement