Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheque charges...?

Options
  • 29-07-2008 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

quick question before I let my anger out on some poor member off staff somewhere...

I hold shares of the company I work for. Now the dividend was due in June. All well and good, I received a letter from the share administration people saying that I will receive a dividend, and they can either send out a cheque or transfer this money (not much) straight into my bank account.

I rang them and said I wanted it straight into my bank account, mailed them the details - and got a cheque in the post this morning!!! WTF? Plus, they charged me a 'handling fee' of 5 Euros for issueing the cheque I never asked for in the first place, which leaves me with even less money, and the questionable pleasure of having to go to my bank to cash the cheque (which is a massive pain, thanks to their opening hours...).

It is not about the money as such - just the principle! Anything I can do about this?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Complaint in writing attaching the original e-mail and outlining it in a RATIONAL manner that this was not what you requested and due to this you had X extra costs and hope for the best.

Advertisement