Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many Cigatettes can I bring back from Turkey?

Options
  • 29-07-2008 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Im just wondering cos Im going out there in september, if anyone knows a link to the site with the limits could you let me know thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

200 Cigarettes, or 100 Cigarillos, or 50 Cigars, or 250 grms Tobacco.

1 litre Spirits (whiskey, gin, vodka, etc.) OR 2 litres Intermediate Products Alcoholic drinks not exceeding 22% vol. (port, sherry, sparkling wine, etc.)
    clicky

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Puddle-Jumper

WHAT!? But thats like NOTHING!!!!! Are they very strict with this like would I get away with say 400 or 600? Is there a fine? They are all for personal use obviously,

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The limit is the limit. Full stop...

(i.e. don't ask questions like that here, thanks).

BuffyBot wrote: »
    The limit is the limit. Full stop...

(i.e. don't ask questions like that here, thanks).

And just what do you mean by "questions like that"?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Looking for ways to get around the law. It may seem stupid but in the weird world we live in when you are arrested for trying to smuggle in 600 ciggies into Ireland you can in your defence say "But boards.ie told me that I could probably get away with it".

Questions which seem to be asking if laws can be bent or broken are discouraged.

AFAIk they take the cigs from you and then fine you (can't remember for sure though).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Ponster wrote: »
    AFAIk they take the cigs from you and then fine you (can't remember for sure though).

i believe sometimes they ask you if you want to pay the duty on them if you want to keep them. obviously defeats the purpose as they'd end up costing the same as here.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭BubbleWrap85

If you're caught with more they WILL confiscate them. My friend had erm...... 3000 of em [dont ask] and they all got confiscated. She didn't care too much as it wasn't her money :P

Ponster wrote: »
    Looking for ways to get around the law. It may seem stupid but in the weird world we live in when you are arrested for trying to smuggle in 600 ciggies into Ireland you can in your defence say "But boards.ie told me that I could probably get away with it".

Questions which seem to be asking if laws can be bent or broken are discouraged.

Why would I say that boards.ie told me to do it? Thats just stupid..:D:D

No like I was asking for ways to smuggle them in but Im just curious as to the reprecussions etc.....because I have known people who have brought back way more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Puddle, your original question was answered.

You then asked about breaching laws pertaining to customs. Read the charter.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement