Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's been your Worst Job Ever?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

the worst job i ever had was working in a retail warehouse out in ballymount,used to cycle from terenure,everyday there and back,the pay was terrible,i had to work every second saturday,and work started at 8 so i used to have to get up at 6.45 everyday and to top it all off the manager was a total wanka:mad:..lasted 2 months

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

I worked in Dan Lowrys bar in Mosney back in the day - need I say more!!!!???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

A few years ago I worked in Telesales, I left after a day and a half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Another telemarketer here, selling Discover card and life insurance. It didn't last very long that said there were people who were damn good at it. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

AOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭alancork

I'm a Lifeguard, its actually awful.

I scrape body fat off the sauna floor with a knife, remove pubic hair from the shower drains, take poo out of showers, and clean up diarrhea off the pool deck, and do lots of scrubbing:(

Followed by lots of sitting watching 80 year olds swimming up and down..:(

Ya, not fun..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Was in Vancouver a few years ago with a few mates. We were all working for this temp labour agency. Up a half 4 every morning, riding at least 8 buses each day, all for a measly $7.80 canadian (about €5) and we didn't get paid for the time it took to get to and from the labour agency to the job site, or the expense of the buses. All in all, we made about €30 a day, for a day which started at 5am and ended at about 6pm.

However, the worst part of the job was the places we were sent to work in. Most of the time it was down to the docks, emptying 40ft containers of heavy sh/t. Those things have no ventilation, and during the summer, are boiling. To top it all off, the docks is the nasty spot in Vancouver. Full of crack whores, drug dealers and used syringes everywhere.

One day we were sent to a job that entailed clearing out an old drugs house that needed to be torn down as there had been a fire in it. When we arrived at the site, the foreman looked perplexed as to why we didn't have safety boots and gloves. He informed us we would be spending the day clearing the rooms of old used needles :eek: That was the day I drew a line and told them to stick their job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My first job was for Super Valu, about 8 years ago. The money was ****e (£3.08/hr because I was under 18), and the hours were rotten too - you'd be lucky to finish at the time you were scheduled to finish. Had no training in manual handling, and was expected to heave heavy boxes around the place, and we were also forced to wear skirts and weren't allowed to wear trousers for my first few months there. I put my back out after 3 months working there while lifting a packet of 12 1.5L bottles of Coke (bear in mind that I was a skinny 16 year old girl doing a pile of heavy lifting) - and even now it still flares up sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

'General Operator' in one of Larry Goodman's AIBP Meat Abbatoires. Throughly depressing job, getting up at 5.30am, with those bright warehouse lights piercing my eyes. Working in damp, dreary surroundings, pushing heavy meat carcasses around all day and getting SFA pay for it. Horrible stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭tinkletoes

kmart6 wrote: »
    Telemarketing/sales....cunt of a company to work for!

Did it for a week and left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Worked in a daffodil farm/factory washing daffodils.....nuff said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 D. Murphy

Used to work in a 2 euro store, My god was it a terrible job, WAs onyl 16 at the time and was expected tp do heavy lifting from the store room which was downstairs to the shop floor upstairs, Wouldnt mind it if we were trained in heavy lifting but werent, Did my back in and told them **** themselfs. Not good having a back ijury at 16 years of age!

Workign in sales now the moneys great and so is the people, Yeah sure its a hard job with lots of hours but the money is great if your good at it, Right now im earning about 150 euro a day so its not bad, Only been in the business a week too so yeah even new people can make money in the sales industry!!

Advertisement