Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin - Rosslare Port

Options
  • 29-07-2008 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Wondering if you can help me out here.

I'm getting the ferry at 8.45am from Rosslare Harbour, so I was wondering does anyone know of cheap accommodation for a group, (4 adults and 8 children), I have tried searching online but the best way I can come up with is hiring a private bus from Dublin. Is there any public buses going direct from Dublin?

I know there is a shuttle bus leaving at 4.30am arriving at 6.30am but I was wondering if there was any others?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

have you tried wexford bus? www.wexfordbus.com - I'm pretty sure they offer an all night service (but I believe they only go to Wexford Town but may offer Rosslare) - It may be possible to arrange a taxi or two from town to the harbour (wouldn;t be too expensive as only a 15-20 minute drive or so)

please can you advise who is running the 4:30am service direct....I may need to use that myself in a few weeks!

The train doesn't seem to offer an early enough service for you unfortunately

As for accomodation (I assume you are considering travelling to Rosslare the day before?) - ther are plenty of hotels and guest houses in the area - when you do your search online make sure it is Rosslare Harbour, not Rosslare Strand accomodation. Sorry I do not know of any particularly cheap places to stay in the area. (It may be worth contacting Stena (or whomever you are sailing with) and ask them for details of very local accomodation.....be aware that some guesthouses may say they are in the harbour but are in fact a few miles away which could cause difficulties!

Hope you have a great time !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Hi,

http://www.wexford-language.com/transport/index.html was the link I got it from, just rechecked there and it actually only goes to Wexford town. I think I'm better off hiring the bus for 300 euro, seems to be the most easiest option.

I was going to stay near the harbour but can't seem to find anywhere that will accept a large group or it works out more expensive than the bus hire. And most of them are a 5 min drive from the harbour, the whole group will be on foot. Plus we are under a tight budget too.

The ferry is really cheap though. Only 70 euro return for an adult which is super value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

70 eiro is great!!!

yeh the problem you will find is that we are near to peak season (or possibly even in it now) so prices are at a premium.

300 euro seems a lot but at the same time you have door to door service (and probably works out cheaper than any hotel at the moment!)

Have a great trip!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

It's me again! I was wondering if there are any bus/train services going from Rosslare Harbour to Dublin. The last train leaves Rosslare Europort at half 5 on a Saturday and my ferry is only getting in at 6.15pm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Truck

Try Ardcavan coaches

www.ardcavan.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement