Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Park at the end of Fr. Russell Rd. [?]

Options
  • 29-07-2008 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

I lived in Russell Court about 4 years ago and we filled in a questionnaire which was basically a wish-list for what the community would like to see in this park etc.

- Anyone know if this park is going to go ahead? And if so what is the timeframe/expected completion date?

Tired of travelling in to town to the Peoples Park [building site] and Clare St. [depressing] - how the City Planners could approve 100,000,000 semi-d's and townhouses with barely a blade of grass to separate them without requiring the contribution from McInerneys et al of a pittance token of some/any community amenities beggars belief :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Oh God, this silence is very worrying, just come on and break it to me - somebody has been paid off and they're planning on building apartments on it just like Clare St. Park and The Peoples Park :eek:

- Anybody even know what office/dept. I could try contacting in the hope of getting a status report on this? - Or should I just check for 2 bedroom eyesore apartments on daft.ie :rolleyes:

OK - just going to go to Smyths and buy a sand-pit or something :(

- Think I'll be dead 50-75+ years before Limerick has first-world infrastructure......

Bump :(

- Impressed with Castletroys new Park, skatepark, very nice looking childrens playground equipment etc. etc.

Anyone at all know the deal for Raheen/Dooradoyle ???

- This curiosity is getting to me !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

hey i went around doing the quesstionaires for the council and as far as i can remember it was the enviromental department that was dealing with it, we were in their office a few times so i think it was them that was over it so maybe if you can get onto them..

Harpy
    thanks a million for taking the time and effort to post - was beginning to get fretful and lonely wandering around on my own in here in this thread arguing with myself :D

- Will make a few calls tomorrow and see if anyone can tell me anything.....

Cheers !!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement