Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Garage?

Options
  • 29-07-2008 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to get my car in for a long-overdue service and I won't be able to get to my usual garage. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good garage in Douglas/Blackrock/Cork City Centre?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

SMM wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking to get my car in for a long-overdue service and I won't be able to get to my usual garage. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good garage in Douglas/Blackrock/Cork City Centre?

DITTO here but more the shanakiel-wilton area!

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

I use a very good Mechanic on the Monaghan Road. I can pm him your number if you want it?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭deemy

Hi ya.
    I just got my car serviced by a guy off the south link. he works in a well known garage in town during the week and has his own set up at home during the weekends. he's great. he found the problem with my o/h van when the main dealer couldn't. pm me if you want his number

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ItsNugget

Oxide and neutrino are alright if ya like the more up tempo garage. For more laid back vibes i recommend dj luck and mc neat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

ItsNugget wrote: »
    Oxide and neutrino are alright if ya like the more up tempo garage. For more laid back vibes i recommend dj luck and mc neat.

hoo hoo, I see what you did there!

anyway, Mark Murphy Motors in St. Patricks Mills, Douglas. I've found him to be very good, nice lad and very thorough...fairly pricey (but sure I think they all are these days:rolleyes:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

hoo hoo, I see what you did there!

anyway, Mark Murphy Motors in St. Patricks Mills, Douglas. I've found him to be very good, nice lad and very thorough...fairly pricey (but sure I think they all are these days:rolleyes:)

I'd second this , used him before and done a good job with the car

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Kellys garage in Ballyvolane is also good. Have been going to them for a good while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Mark Murphy does my audi aswell, cost a lot but he did good work on the car. Will be going back to him when I get home I'd say. He is a nice guy too, changed a 1.6 diesel to a 1.9 diesel back in the 80's in a jetta for my dad. Thats how far back my recommendation goes! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

The last 2 times I've needed my car serviced I got in done in Autofast in Ballincollig (Opp. Aldi, next to Topaz). Cost me €89 and took around 1/2 hour. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

SMM wrote: »
    Hi,

You'll need to check what needs to be done, depending on the service interval of the parts. What type of car and what mileage is on it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

Kevin Collins Tyres in Carrigaline will fix the Tracking and Throw on some new tyres for you. They are a friendly bunch. (i work on and off with them)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 deepiojay

I use a guy, John Coughlan, he has a place opposite the credit union down in togher. he is excellent, good value for money and honest as the day is long... he works with another guy so they dont have much overheads so are cheaper than the big boys

Advertisement