Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good game for my girlfriend

• 29-07-2008 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

or just girls in general. no long question just what would female gamers (if there are any on here i'm not being sexist i'm just sayin there are more guys) recommend for my girlfriend to play. i was thinking blue dragon or Viva Pinata?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Xbox is probably the wrong console for those type of games though. Try Civilization Revloution or Mass Effect. My Girlfriend loved them two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Try a flight Sim..

Most girls are used to gripping something in their hands similar to a joystick so should be good at them :p

remember one girl getting very vigorous with it before and wasn't impressed when I asked her what score she got afterwards :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

RPG's like Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Make the Tea simulator 4?

Steer clear of number 3, they didn't even have sugar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

my gf is a fan of topspin 2 a tennis game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Herself inside took a big shine to Burnout Paradise when I brought it home.

A few weeks later I had her playing Gears of War co-op with me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Munya

Are the SSXs on Xbox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

herself plays EA skate alot when she comes over.. Lost oddesy would be good if she had the patience.. Vivia pinata is good buts its kinda childish.. make sure your not giving it to her cause you think shes a child :p

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Or because she is a child!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Mine tolerated scene it. Which TBH is the best I could have hoped for....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Tiger woods!! Get her to create a golfer, they'll constantly want to unlock things to improve the characters appearance/clothing etc!! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,800 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've found Viva Pinata goes down well with girls. It can be difficult though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭xo_CHEWY_ox

cant keep my girlfriend off GTAIV!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Isn't it funny how people never start a "What games would a man like?" threads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

You'd probably know better than anyone else here. Example: my sister loves Lost Odyssey & Blue Dragon, whereas my girlfriend scoffs at all the videos "pulling you out of the game" and loads up Gears of War/Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 for some co-op action.

Blue Dragon is a bit too childish. Whilst its not bad there are better alternatives in the same genre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I've found Viva Pinata goes down well with girls. It can be difficult though.

My Mrs lost a good chunk of her life with Viva Pinata for a while. (As did I if I'm honest.)
    Is deceptively tricky in parts for all it's cute graphics and very addictive, I'd recommend it.

Oh and guitar hero, always a winner.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,800 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yep loved the game as well. I'm no good at multitasking so I really found it difficult at times :) I've left it at the wayside for the last while now because you really need to set by a few hours to play it since there's always some little task that needs to be done before you turn it off.

I'd go for Eternal Sonata over Blue Dragon or Lost Odyssey, just feel it's that mush better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

beautiful katamari

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Kharn wrote:
    Isn't it funny how people never start a "What games would a man like?" threads?
    No, since the extreme majority of games are aimed at men.
    Got my girlfriend to play fuzion frenzy which I have from the original xbox. Also played Halo 3 but the whole moving and looking thing was a major stepping block.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

Think I'm fighting a losing battle meself, tried fusion frenzy and it was a no go. she did like a couple of car racing games though. Still doesnt stop her flicking to home & away though:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

Mrs Greyjoy enjoys co-op games : Rock Band, Guitar Hero & Lego SW/Indy have all gotten thumbs up from her.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Seifer wrote: »
    No, since the extreme majority of games are aimed at men.

They're aimed at people.

I would recommend Gears of War, Rainbow 6 LV, Forza, PGR4.

Kinda daft asking men to recommend games for girls, they recommend crap then say 'yeah, I bought *insert crap game* for my gf but she couldn't get into it, girls just don't like games'

Silverfish wrote:
    They're aimed at people.
    No, no they're not. They are in the extreme majority of cases developed by and for men. That's not opinion it's simply fact. The money is from men buying games so that's where they are aimed.
    Silverfish wrote:
    I would recommend Gears of War, Rainbow 6 LV, Forza, PGR4.

Kinda daft asking men to recommend games for girls, they recommend crap then say 'yeah, I bought *insert crap game* for my gf but she couldn't get into it, girls just don't like games'
    The vast majority of girls would have no interest in the first two games you listed unless they were already into gaming. Taking a game like fuzion frenzy makes more sense as its easy to pick up and fun. Then if they like it they can move on to more demanding ones.
    Most girls don't have any interest in games. If they did they would play them without their other half having to introduce them.

Well, if the OP wants advice on what games girls play, who's better to take advice from? A bunch of guys, or girls?
    Taking a game like fuzion frenzy makes more sense as its easy to pick up and fun. Then if they like it they can move on to more demanding ones.

That game completely sucked. If you're using that game to introduce someone to gaming, then expect them to never pick up a controller again.

If the OP's girlfriend is not into games it is better to get advice from guys in similar situations that have found games that their girlfriend liked.
    A girl that is into games opinion would only be relevant if she takes into account that most girls will not like what she likes.
    Silverfish wrote:
    That game completely sucked. If you're using that game to introduce someone to gaming, then expect them to never pick up a controller again.
    Its not the pinnacle of games no but was fun with a few friends. Kung Fu Chaos, also on the original xbox, is the ultimate party game.

If the OP's girlfriend is not into games it is better to get advice from guys in similar situations that have found games that their girlfriend liked.
    A girl that is into games opinion would only be relevant if she takes into account that most girls will not like what she likes.

So basically, if my boyfriend was to post saying I played those games, his opinion would be more valid, because then I'm not a girl, I'm someone's girlfriend.

Anyway, OP, I also thought Cod4 was amazing. Maybe more girls would like gaming if their boyfriends didn't push cutesy girl games on them, but sure, what would I know :pac:

Silverfish wrote:
    So basically, if my boyfriend was to post saying I played those games, his opinion would be more valid, because then I'm not a girl, I'm someone's girlfriend.
    No his opinion would be invalid as his girlfriend already likes games. She doesn't need to be introduced to them.

Were you born playing games, or were you introduced to them somehow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

My girlfriend loves playing rainbow 6 lv2 gears of war co op games are great only thing dont shout at them if they are mnt to be coverig your back and they just wonder of as they stop playing then lol

• Advertisement

Silverfish wrote:
    Were you born playing games, or were you introduced to them somehow?
    I was introduced to them. Probably mario on the NES a nice colourful game, simple so someone new to games or a child can play and a good introductory game like fuzion frenzy would be.
    Most girls are not going to want to jump in and start headshoting terrorists despite how much fun you or I think that is. They're also not going to be used to the controller and will find the fact you have to use every button on the controller and the two sticks in tandum hard to get to grips with.
    Fuzion frenzy uses one stick and two buttons mainly, like mario.

Advertisement