Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Civilisation Revolution

• 29-07-2008 1:47pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Ive been really enjoying this game on the 360 however the multiplayer online is frustrating me because I cant always find a game to play and most of the time when i do, the opponents skills are really high so i fail miserably!

Any boardsies interested in arranging a game some night?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

yeah you count me in(feel free to add me: vaschro), I have found it very hard to get multiplayer going, there was a a thread a while ago
    (a review )look it up and u will get a few more names i would think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

a brilliant game!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anyone knwo if there's a demo for Civ Rev on Xbox Live??
    I'm thinking on buying it but I want to play it first.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭rliston

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Anyone knwo if there's a demo for Civ Rev on Xbox Live??
    I'm thinking on buying it but I want to play it first.......

yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Add me and leave a message when you wanna play girlfriend bought the game and meaning to get more play out of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

does it have alot of replay ability? I got the demo it was ok but I dunno there didnt seem enough it.. You could only pick one person in the game though as far as I can remember played the demo when it came out but this thread has made me want to play it again..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

It definitely has a lot of replayability, though I think its a (slightly) flawed masterpiece. You can play as one of about 20 nations/leaders and theres lots of "scenarios" (with altered rules and production speeds etc). For once the achievements are well chosen and not "get 100000000000 online ranking points" or something ghey like that.

I'm happy to play too but its not a fast game so we need to plan ahead to set a game up. (I'm on holidays until Fri 8th Aug btw).

DeV.
    ps: for others in this thread, I wrote a few strats and a quick-guide to it on this forum a while back.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

One thing I noticed about the online play - there is a countdown timer for your turn which could be problematic when you get to the later stages and you've got 10+ cities to try and manage!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Lets aim to set up something for next weekend so that we can plan well in advance.

How does Sunday 10th August at 8pm sound?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Could be fine, I wont know until later next week.

DeV.

• Advertisement

hmm birthday is sunday might get the girlfriend to pick this up for me..

ah my birthdays on thursday working a 12 hour shift for it, Yeah im up for a game on sunday at 8

o and dazftw have a good one and try and behave

also faceman my cousins band looking for a drummer left you a note on your other thread

Got this today, probably wont get to play it until monday id say being from Waterford and spraoi weekend.

Will have a few games with you guys once I get the hang of things..

my last message dissaperard yeah faceman im up for a game on sunday, added you on the console just now, also left a message regarding the drummer. and Dazftw my bday is on thursday so you have one for me on sunday as ill be on a 12 hour shift and ill have one for you on friday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Digging up an old thread here but wondering if anyone still plays this here. Only recently picked it up and would love a bash at multiplayer if anyones up for a game

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I still play but and am mad for a friendly multiplayer game but I wont be online for gaming another week or so. :(

Cool, that'll give me some time for practice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

How much is this game these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

was in 'Game' for 25 sheets the other day...

I still play this its a great game ;)

GT: ZaKalwa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,648 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I'll be up for a game

gamertag: Doctor6

• Advertisement

If anyone is online tomorrow or over the weekend Im up for a game! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

how does it compare to CIV IV on the PC? cos that the only one i've played. i may pick this up next payday if its as good...

Hey faceman, I'm hoping to be online over the weekend so Ill send you an invite if I am..

mise wrote: »
    Hey faceman, I'm hoping to be online over the weekend so Ill send you an invite if I am..

Nice one.

The Faceman101

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,648 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

faceman wrote: »
    Nice one.

The Faceman101

added, online this eve if anyone wants a game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I really want to buy this game. Does anyone know if they still have it in Game (blanchardstown preferably) for 25 euro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

how does it compare to CIV IV on the PC? cos that the only one i've played. i may pick this up next payday if its as good...

it is a lot different but much the same as well, games are a lot faster, and the graphics are more console style, its good fun though and has translated the essence of civ to the xbox it is not as in depth though.

i certainly will be on over the weekend for a few games !

I'll try to be too! No guaruntees as its Irish Open Poker Championships weekend so I'll be going to that too :)
    Would love an aul game of Rev though...

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I'd be on for giving this a go online!

I have only played it a few times, wouldnt mind seeing what the online is like, probably get thrashed...

• Advertisement
Advertisement