Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini Pumps

Options
  • 29-07-2008 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

Since we're on the topic of Track Pumps, let's talk about their little brothers..

I need a decent mini pump, capable of 120psi... what do you guys use?
    Seems alot of the small pumps run out of puff prematurely.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

This is what I use, I don't know how good it is as I haven't had to use it.

http://gb.cannondale.com/a_a/gear/08/SS/model-8MP02.html#

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I too am looking for one fish-head (I intend to get an identical one to you, but for 5 euro cheaper!)

I was reading on bikeradar, they are quite fond of the Lezyne ones here.

However, they also recommend the topeak pocket rocket . I don't know much about that particular model, but the last topeak I owned fell apart after little use. Hope I'm wrong about them in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I use the €10 BBB one, works grand. I have noticed it has worked better than other people's when helping fix punctures. I also have a Presta-Schrader adapter so I can top up at petrol stations.

Haven't used it (yet) but CO2 is well worth considering if you want to get back up to full pressure very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

got an sks mini road pump which I don't particularly like and it was quite dear too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

blorg wrote: »
    Haven't used it (yet) but CO2 is well worth considering if you want to get back up to full pressure very quickly.

It's all I use -a lil risky, as there's no backup, but I always have one more cartridge than I have spare tubes, and it seems to work

It's all I use -a lil risky, as there's no backup, but I always have one more cartridge than I have spare tubes, and it seems to work
    I don't think I would dump the mini pump if I went with CO2, I'd keep it as a backup. 100g though, and that's without the frame mount!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

blorg wrote: »
    I don't think I would dump the mini pump if I went with CO2, I'd keep it as a backup. 100g though, and that's without the frame mount!

Stop up the holes on your frame and fill it with helium. This might offset the weight of the pump.

Or carry one less bar, cut your hair, etc. Come on, its 100g!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

You could always buy a Vespa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

If someone has found a mini-pump that goes anywhere near 120psi I'd be eager to hear about it.

I think it depends on how much force you are willing to impart to a pump. I would be happy with a 90 PSI pump that doesnt leave me in a sweaty heap at the side of the road during a spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭digitalage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

digitalage wrote: »

Didn't get a good review here

Thank you for illustrating my point :)

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Or carry one less bar, cut your hair, etc. Come on, its 100g!!!
    I was not entirely serious. Are you saying I need to cut my hair?

Well, I didn't know how else to say it, but..... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

I too am looking for one fish-head (I intend to get an identical one to you, but for 5 euro cheaper!)

Ah but what if I get one for a fiver?!

You don't wanna know how low I am willing to go here!

Well, I didn't know how else to say it, but..... :p
    I think I will get it cut. Not for the weight but to make it more aero.

• Advertisement
Advertisement