Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Trade in

Options
  • 29-07-2008 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

just a quick question!!!

has anyone gotten a car imported for them and used their old car as a trade in? few me mates say that you get F**k all when you trade in with a importer.. Is this true?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

if its english and there is no service history...an offer is priceless in itself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭horseydevine

Táck wrote: »
    if its english and there is no service history...an offer is priceless in itself

what do ya mean?

ah the cars in mint condition but i went into one place and they said 5 grand for it and i started laughin

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

well a garage who's main business is importing cars for people isn't gonna want to take a trade in as they'll have trouble getting rid of it so they need to make a large margin to make it worth there time.

so Yes you will get sweet fa if your trying to trade in to a garage thats main business is importing cars for people

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Also if your trying to trade the likes of a family type car against something jap performance orientated your probably going to be lucky if they even make an offer,if they did i'd be expecting pittance especially given the current market

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

just a quick question!!!

has anyone gotten a car imported for them and used their old car as a trade in? few me mates say that you get F**k all when you trade in with a importer.. Is this true?
    what do ya mean?

ah the cars in mint condition but i went into one place and they said 5 grand for it and i started laughin

Most of the importers are only set up for imports and don't want to have a non import on their yard, and they may not have the contacts to sell it onto another garage. Also most garages are offering crap money for cars now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement