Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hearing test for the Dublin Fire Brigade

Options
  • 29-07-2008 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I've searched around for information on this but have come up empty.

The dublinfirebrigade.com website says that as part of the medical tests there's
    "Hearing - to the satisfaction of the City Council's Medical Advisor."

I'm deaf in one ear, which causes approximately zero problems or even difficulties in day-to-day life, and I have worked in related fields before without any issues. It's a nerve thing, not something that'd cause other problems with swimming or whatever. Does anyone know if these tests are looking to ensure a level of functional hearing ability, or if I'd be liable to fail outright because of this?

With the long and involved application process, I'd like to know if I'd be wasting my time before I start keeping an eye out for recruitment. :)

Thanks folks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭userfriendly

Haven't a clue really, would only be guessing as to the answer.

I know they did test the hearing in both my ears separately when I was doing it, but have no idea as to the pass requirements.

I'd say your best bet is to give Human Resources in DCC an email or call, they should be able to give you more info on it, and check with the medical referee if needed.

Advertisement