Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap mail forwarding service from UK to Eire

Options
  • 29-07-2008 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭

Hi
    There are so many items cheap in UK.
    But most of these websites do not ship to Ireland.

Are there any mail forwarding companies who can give us a UK postal address and forward the mails from UK to Ireland for us?

I know there are a few who do this in US
    Are there any in UK and affordable for personal use?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭quiche

Hey - was just looking into this, found this site:

http://myukmailbox.co.uk/prices.html

the website though looks pretty amateur - so trying to find some reviews or something to find out how legit it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,954 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

quiche wrote: »
    Hey - was just looking into this, found this site:

http://myukmailbox.co.uk/prices.html

the website though looks pretty amateur - so trying to find some reviews or something to find out how legit it is.

I've never used the above service but I have used http://www.my-uk-mail.co.uk and been very happy with it. The website does look a little amateur hour but my experience of their service has been excellent. It's not a "cheap" service but I suppose you get what you pay for and I've been very happy as it's been very reliable.

I think I paid around €60 for a mailbox for one year. I then could send as much as I wanted to the address and have them forward it onto me. They will send you everything as it arrives or wait until you have several parcels and they'll ship them together in one go. You can decide how you want it done.They'll email you as soon as anything arrives for you with any details that are printed on the front of the pack so you know what it is and if you want it immediately.

They use DHL to ship bigger items or consolidated packages and in my experience that can cost around €25.That includes handling and the fact that they packed several items in bubble wrap and put them in one big box for me though! I've taken advantage of the service to order clothes online aswell and they only charged €5 packing + posting to send those onto me via Royal Mail.

You can buy a mailbox with them for one month too.That costs £17 I think. I had some large things to order that cost me hundreds of euro less in the UK than I'd have paid in Ireland.Over all I'd definitely recommend them although you'd want to calculate just how much you'd save buying in the UK as opposed to here to be sure it's worth while for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭quiche

Cool - sounding good - how do you sign up? Wouldn't mind trying just for a single delivery. Is it though only through email to pre-arrange? Couldn't find another way.

Having said that not fully with it - so there could be a blindingly obvious link staring me in the face :)

quiche wrote: »
    Cool - sounding good - how do you sign up? Wouldn't mind trying just for a single delivery. Is it though only through email to pre-arrange? Couldn't find another way.

Having said that not fully with it - so there could be a blindingly obvious link staring me in the face :)

OK sorry... BIG MISTAKE.

I didn't click the link in your post and just read it incorrectly. The service I use is called http://www.my-uk-mail.co.uk/ . I don't know anything about the service that you linked too. You can join it here : http://www.my-uk-mail.co.uk/joinnow.htm

The service you linked to looks a bit too dodgy. I'd beware of it if I were you. Again SORRY! I blame the flu. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭JohnOwonga

OK sorry... BIG MISTAKE.

I didn't click the link in your post and just read it incorrectly. The service I use is called http://www.my-uk-mail.co.uk/ . I don't know anything about the service that you linked too. You can join it here : http://www.my-uk-mail.co.uk/joinnow.htm

The service you linked to looks a bit too dodgy. I'd beware of it if I were you. Again SORRY! I blame the flu. :o
    >>>>>>>>>>
    www.dealhunter.ie is cheaper than that so are recessionbusters.ie unless you know different that is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

Excellent, you've just given me a great idea. I've got a family member with a UK address but don't like pressuring them to forward it, so this would be an ideal service for some of the once off purchases.

ILA wrote: »
    Excellent, you've just given me a great idea. I've got a family member with a UK address but don't like pressuring them to forward it, so this would be an ideal service for some of the once off purchases.[/Q>>>>>>.
    Which service do you intend using?

JohnOwonga wrote: »
    Excellent, you've just given me a great idea. I've got a family member with a UK address but don't like pressuring them to forward it, so this would be an ideal service for some of the once off purchases.[/Q>>>>>>.

MY UK Mail Website only takes Royal Bank Of Scotland RBS credit card payment you have No chance of disputing the transaction should something go wrong:(

https://select.worldpay.com/wcc/purchase

>>>>>

You can buy a Book Of Vouchers From Fastway Couriers Northern Ireland
    for £100.00 Sterling it works out at £6.00 per parcel up to 30kg

http://www.fastway.ie/11Directory_RFdepots.html#NIE

MY UK Mail Website only takes Royal Bank Of Scotland RBS credit card payment you have No chance of disputing the transaction should something go wrong:(

https://select.worldpay.com/wcc/purchase

How do you figure that JohnOwonga?

You pay through the RBS server by credit card. Your card issuer still has the power to do a charge back if you do not recieve your goods etc.
    To confirm the delivery timescales for your order, please contact the online store from which you made the purchase.

The online store is responsible at all times for any queries relating to the payment and fulfilment of your order. You should find the online store’s contact details displayed on their website, the store purchase receipt, and on the RBS WorldPay transaction confirmation email.

Unfortunately, if you have been unable to contact the online store you have purchased from, we can only recommend that you contact your card issuer to raise a dispute and/or approach the relevant consumer rights organisation for your region for further advice.

RBS WorldPay only provide online stores with the ability to accept card payments securely over the internet. We do not hold information about the goods/services you have ordered or their delivery status, and are not able to cancel your order or provide you with a refund.

Disputes here will only return the money you're spending on postage btw.

I have used my-uk-mail maybe 20 times in total now and I've never had a problem. Infact I've found the service excellent.

It is always risky sending expensive things in the post but there are some protections in place. If the shop is sending you your purchases directly then you can recoup your money from the shop if they don't arrive at your door. This applies also if your purchases don't arrive from the store to the mail forwarding company.

If you use a third party like a mail forwarding service always make sure that you get them to send you on goods by registered ,insured mail. If you do this you should be fine.

That said on several occasions I've requested that my-uk-mail have sent me things by Royal Mail and thankfully they've all arrived. It's not really advisable though.

• Advertisement

>>>>>

You can buy a Book Of Vouchers From Fastway Couriers Northern Ireland
    for £100.00 Sterling it works out at £6.00 per parcel up to 30kg

http://www.fastway.ie/11Directory_RFdepots.html#NIE

Do they have a mailbox service you can use ? That's quiet well priced.

Deal Hunter seems to be gone out of service. Their website is anyway. I suppose the price of the euro against sterling now isnt as attractive as it had been.

Do they have a mailbox service you can use ? That's quiet well priced.

Deal Hunter seems to be gone out of service. Their website is anyway. I suppose the price of the euro against sterling now isnt as attractive as it had been.

>>>>>
    Because I had problems with "Paypal" its what the Banks call a "Third Party Processor" I put a paypal transaction into dispute with my Credit Card Processor was told 2 months later there was nothing they could do about it reason was it was a third party processor similar to RBS
    >>>>>
    Fastway are very cheap however they operate on a book of 10 postage Vouchers,I rang them in Northern Ireland no mailbox service

The only work around I can think off is to get an Ebay Trader based in Northern Ireland (UK) who would give you a mailbox and group your UK Purchases all together and stick on the Fastway Voucher on the parcel and get Fastway N.Ire to pick it up for delivery to the Republic delivery is overnight.

The www.ebay.co.uk Community Notice Board is the place to advertise free of charge tell them you want a similar operation like the "myukmailbox"
    website using Fastway Voucher based in Northern Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby_Woo

>>>>>>>>>>
    www.dealhunter.ie is cheaper than that so are recessionbusters.ie unless you know different that is.

Is Deal Hunter still on the go? Just checked the website there, and aside from the homepage all the links are broken.

Ruby_Woo wrote: »
    Is Deal Hunter still on the go? Just checked the website there, and aside from the homepage all the links are broken.

>>>>>>
    Yes apparently www.dealhunter.ie website had a virus infection
    they are contactable on 085-705 1470 ask for Alistair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

I was thinking of getting a phone (Orange San Fransisco) from Orange UK in NI this way
    Any services to reccommed (dealhunter.ie ids pricy for a small delivery)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 emeraldsoil

i used these guys and a customer sent me a cheque to the address provided

ended up costing me 25 pounds for 1 envelope with a peice of paper in it worth 35 euro lol

do not use these con artists

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bhangraman

I ended up using http://www.deliverme.ie/ and paid 22€ for shipping. They seem to do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

First of all this is a 4 year old topic.
    For deliveries from the UK use parcelmotel. Check www.parcelmotel.com or do a search on boards. Basically any package to their uk address delivers to a local pickup point of your choice for €3.50 per item (first 2 free, size/weight limits apply).

Advertisement