Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Whats the best way to get out of paying for road tax?

Options
  • 29-07-2008 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

I am severly broke and my tax is about to run out how wil i prevent myself getting a huuuugggge fine by the gardi :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭fletch

Stop drivin the car and use public transport?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Get off the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭alpina

Do you really need the car?? If you do & is for work at least some money coming in so should allow you to tax in three month increments. Obviously you're still paying & a tad extra but it is also allowing you a little breathing space...remember having to pay a fine is an extremely frustrating waste of money in your predicament when such money could have gone to the tax in the first place...good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Drive the back roads.Trust me it works!!I do pay my tax, though.Its only 170e on my car:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sell your car and buy a cheaper one that is taxed.

Mike

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭skaterdude

thats what im taking about im not abe to afford taxing it for 3 months im soo broke im in debt
    and i wrk in a bar so im driving bck ate when cheak points are in pace and i need my car because my work is pretty far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Skaterdude, you're not going to get advice here on how to flout the law. That's why your last thread on this topic was locked, I'd expect.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055344283

Pay for 3 months tax or take the car off the road.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

What AudiChris said....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭fletch

Have you not got a credit card you could put 3months road tax on to tie you over?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

AudiChris wrote: »
    ]

Pay for 3 months tax or take the car off the road.

yepp ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,437 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

AudiChris wrote: »
    Skaterdude, you're not going to get advice here on how to flout the law. That's why your last thread on this topic was locked, I'd expect.

You expect right. Skaterdude, you're warned. Don't ask advice like that here again

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement