Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bent

Options
  • 29-07-2008 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭

Anyone think there is anything to him this year i saw his goals against norwich last night and he looked ok.

If the unthinkable happens and we dont find a noteable replacement for out two main strikers who in reality would have banged 40 goals between them do you think darren could handle any of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

We made him look good. Didn't even have a proper back 4 lined up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

kensutz wrote: »
    We made him look good. Didn't even have a proper back 4 lined up.
    Agreed mate - don't think you can let last nights match go to your head! However I still (and have always) felt that given the chance he is a good striker - still need another - I would like RSC - But Bent will have a part to play this year, unlike last (although unbelievably he did get 8 goals!) not bad for the minutes he played!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I think Bent will play well if he's given the chance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

9 goals in a week! this guy is on fire, ive never really rated him as much as others nor have I payed much attension to pre-season results but surely Ramos has to be impressed/willing to give him a chance this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

If he can bring this form into the prem robbie wont be missed to much,remains to be seen though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

im gonna stick my neck on the line and say i think bent will do as good if not better than Robbie last year.

he looks like a player that has realised he now has the opportunity to be a regular starter in the PL.

last year he must have known he was 3rd (sometimes 4th) choice.

With robbie gone and Berbs on his way he must be thinking this is my chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

will hold judgement until real action kicks off but he does look sharp and i hope he fulfills his potential this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

Lets not forget that this guy WAS a top PL striker before he came to Spurs. I don't think anyone doubts that he is capable, correct me if i'm wrong but he did fire in over 20 for Charlton not too many years ago. C-H-A-R-L-T-O-N.

He will clearly get better service this year. Still young. I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that Robbie leaving has given this guy a glimpse of daylight and reguardless of the goals being friendlies he is ****ing BURYING them in. Was it Portsmouth he came on against last year and single handedly rescued the game last year.

I say lets get writing a Benty song for next season.

COYB

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Lets not forget that this guy WAS a top PL striker before he came to Spurs. I don't think anyone doubts that he is capable, correct me if i'm wrong but he did fire in over 20 for Charlton not too many years ago. C-H-A-R-L-T-O-N.

He will clearly get better service this year. Still young. I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that Robbie leaving has given this guy a glimpse of daylight and reguardless of the goals being friendlies he is ****ing BURYING them in. Was it Portsmouth he came on against last year and single handedly rescued the game last year.

I say lets get writing a Benty song for next season.

COYB

I could be wrong but was 11 of his goals not peno's? taking these away he's in the same league as the mighty Iverson :eek: God i miss him

Advertisement