Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite GTA?

• 29-07-2008 3:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

Now that the dust has settled on the latest release, what was your favourite? My money is one Vice City.

I haven't included the PSP games because I figure most people haven't played them and they're not really full GTA games in their own right.

What's your favourite GTA? 78 votes

GTA I: The original and the best
    0% 0 votes
    GTA II: Sci-fi for the win
    1% 1 vote
    GTA III: What's my name?
    5% 4 votes
    Vice City: Tommy Vercetti - nuff said
    7% 6 votes
    San Andreas: We love you CJ
    57% 45 votes
    GTA IV: Nico! Nico!
    28% 22 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Vice City all the way!!! But you should have included the Stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I haven't played the new one as I don't use consoles, so for now it is Vice City.

Boo-urns on your lack of console use Ruu... boo-urns. But I doubt you'd change your opinion, it's good, but not as good as it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭vespahead

san andreas,
    recruitin gang members,
    and goin loco on some cholos
    bring it back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Vice City has to be the one I played the most (don't have GTA 4). Best soundtrack,Vercetti was badass and who can forget that bank robbery mission with Phil Cassidy. Absolute brilliance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Vice City has to be the one I played the most (don't have GTA 4). Best soundtrack,Vercetti was badass and who can forget that bank robbery mission with Phil Cassidy. Absolute brilliance

That was a great mission. For me San Andreas shades it by 0.000001 from Vice City. The three city set up and nineties atmosphere was really well portrayed. Felt just like Badboys, Falling Down etc. Vice's soundtrack was spectacular and the Miami ambience was mesmerising but I found the city to be way too small and just felt like I was driving around Killarney or Enniscorthy or somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

I have to say for me its the new one. Its the first one where the main character isnt a stereotype.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

with all the good and bad of all games evaluated: Gta iv Ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

GTA Vice City all the way, GTA 3 revolutionised the series but Vice City just blew me away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Definitely Vice City for me too.
    I only just got around to completing IV this evening (3 bloody months later than I should have!)
    Vice City on the other hand had me so engrossed from start to finish that I just couldn't put it down until I cleared it.

I'd place GTA IV above GTA III, and well above San Andreas

• Advertisement

I have to say for me its the new one. Its the first one where the main character isnt a stereotype.
    But stereotypes are funny!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

forbesii wrote: »
    I found the city to be way too small and just felt like I was driving around Killarney or Enniscorthy or somewhere.

:D

I cant decide myself, better mayhem and carnage in GTA IV but I love the retro vibes of Vice City and San Andreas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Vice City + 1

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Vice for me, but I haven't played IV yet (Waiting for PC port).

Vice City is one of a few games I've gone to the effort to complete 100%. Funnily enough, while the setting and soundtrack are part of what makes Vice City brilliant, I only played through half of Vice City Stories. Using the PSP was a pain in the ass to control the character, and he totally lacked Vercetti's charm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

vice city no question...... not only is it the best GTA but it one of my favourite games ever

Just got GTA: III again through CDwow, only had 20 minutes at lunch but can't wait to get back into it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Not much love for GTA 3 there.

You don't or I don't? I'm confused...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I love how "the original and the best" has 0 votes so far:P

In all fairness, it's a really hard choice to make after you picked your favourite. I picked Vice City, but it's hard to put GTA I, GTA III and GTA: San Andreas infront of each other. I think GTA IV deserves a respectible third place out of a good bunch, even though that mighten't make sence. But I like GTA I, I taught (and still think it's great.).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Vice city was the first 3d GTA game i played so that memory of being blown away by how brilliant it was holds a special place in my heart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Vice city is the best GTA game ever but being the dumbass that I am I clicked on san andreas!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Another +1 for vice city, the great 80's vibe, great characters and a superb soundtrack, just brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

The motorbike test in VC! I played that one loads...
    VC by a mile.
    Am I allowed vote even though I haven't played the new one??:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

You never included GTA london, i went for GTA II ,i remember it was the most politically incorrect with the loonies and the red-necks, of the 3D ones i am torn between san andreas and VC. I'm tired of GTA4 now and i didn't bother finishing it, there is no fun to be had.

You never included GTA london, i went for GTA II ,i remember it was the most politically incorrect with the loonies and the red-necks, of the 3D ones i am torn between san andreas and VC. I'm tired of GTA4 now and i didn't bother finishing it, there is no fun to be had.
    Or the Stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭JoeJC

Voted for Vice City. Nico is no.2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

Vice City was most definately the best one for me.
    I absoluletly loved the way the the 80s was captured in that game!

After that, I'd say SA and although I think GTA:IV is the "greater" of the games, it just doesn't feel like a GTA.

Advertisement