Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT, how to find emissions figure for engine

Options
  • 29-07-2008 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭

Ok, im sure you're all sick of VRT questions....

From their website:

Please note : VRT will be calculated at the highest rate if the level of CO2 emissions for a model is not yet recorded on the Revenue database. You may enter a CO2 emissions figure in the calculation result screen if you have documentary evidence to support it.

Is it possible to get your engine tested for co2 emissions and get the car vrt'd based on this? If so, how so??

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Not that I've heard of - I'm assuming you are looking at a JDM import?

It's possible in theory but I suspect it would cost way more than you would save on VRT, maybe even more than the car is worth.
    AFAIK, the test is based on a set mix of urban and open road conditions with certain accel / decel profiles etc.. it's not as simple as hooking it up to a machine.

What car is it and how old?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Someone was saying that the Revenue can calculate the C02 by providing fuel consumption figures of the car in question. I don't know if that's true or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Advertisement