Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rex's Girlfriend to enter the house?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

C4 Website:

Mikey isn't happy with two of his housemates...
    Mikey told Big Brother that a grumpy Rex and a miserable Nicole were getting on his nerves.

"How do you feel about the Heaven and Hell divide being removed?" asked Big Brother.
    "I'm happy for Rachel and Kat," said Mikey of the two close friends. "The whole thing was getting to people. We've had four weeks of it. So we're all waiting to see what the next challenge will be."

Alright, Mikey, keep your hair on.

"How do you feel about Rex and Nicole?" asked Big Brother.
    "I'm fed up with them," said Mikey, "totally fed up with Nicole. Yesterday she didn't muck in with the baking Task. She's absolutely miserable. I don't know why she came into the Big Brother House. Maybe to look glamorous."

Mikey wasn't finished there.
    "Rex this morning," Mikey exclaimed. "He's still not happy! What would make that guy happy? He's in bed with his girlfriend and he's still moaning. He's one of the most miserable people I have ever met in my entire life."
    Mikey had one last thing to say about them.

"It's just time they leave the House and be a couple somewhere else," said Mikey.

Blimey, Mikey. Stop mincing your words. Say what you think.

Great HOH , go Mikey:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Don't think I have seen anyone else mention this, but was anyone else appalled at Nicole's behavior last night when Mikey was cooking.

She talked to him like he was a peasant, and thought that it was more important to get her hair done, than help a blind man who was clearly out of his depth.

Rex, the sap, then chirps in 'shake tha pan'. What a plonker, telling a blind man to shake a pan that is filled to the brim of boiling hot grease. I would have loved to see Mikey lob the fcuking pan over his ginger cone.

I thought the whole incident summed up just how stuck up that pair are, and how selfish they can be.

Here's a vid of it all:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Thats horrible get her out!

"Mikey, " Bring them here",
    Christ I wish he had.
    Lady MUCK.
    Time for a Double Eviction methinks.:mad:
    Wouldn't have happened if the Facilitator had been there , eh , Charlie.

She is s confrotational with Rex always dropping hints its doin my head in she has been his downfall in the house. She looks like she could spit venom she looks that angry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Wouldn't have happened if the Facilitator had been there , eh , Charlie.

Not at all, he would have had a few choice words for horse face, and then would have proceeded to facilitate the turning of the sausages.

It was shocking. I don't know how someone, knowing they are on national tv, can act in such a snobbish and selfish manner. Most people would have seen he needed help, but even if you are a lazy cnut, you should at least have the cop to know that when you're on tv, such behavior won't go down to well.

DS Site :

Mikey: 'Nicole is a spoilt bitch'

Mikey branded Nicole a "spoilt bitch" this afternoon and confided in Lisa that he thought she was trying to wind him up.

As he and Lisa sat in the barber shop waiting for the task to restart, the new Head of House said: "Nicole is being an absolute spoilt bitch about [the task]. She's not willing to have her hair cut herself but she was the first to have a go at Kat for breaking the rules."

"She's a right one, that Nicole," he went on. "She and Rex are just here to cause trouble now."

Lisa made sympathetic noises and changed the subject. "This is a massive thing for Rachel," she told Mikey.

Mikey agreed, saying: "I'm all for the save-the-girls's-hair appreciation society." .

icon_126.gificon_126.gificon_126.gificon_126.gificon_126.gificon_126.gificon_126.gificon_126.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Don't think I have seen anyone else mention this, but was anyone else appalled at Nicole's behavior last night when Mikey was cooking.

She talked to him like he was a peasant, and thought that it was more important to get her hair done, than help a blind man who was clearly out of his depth.

Rex, the sap, then chirps in 'shake tha pan'. What a plonker, telling a blind man to shake a pan that is filled to the brim of boiling hot grease. I would have loved to see Mikey lob the fcuking pan over his ginger cone.

I thought the whole incident summed up just how stuck up that pair are, and how selfish they can be.

Its strange the way 2 people can see things differently - I was laughing my head off all the way through that. Sure Nicole could have made a bit more effort but I loved Rex's 'are you getting angie?' line.

Where was the other hell-housemate Kat in all this by the way, surely she's as 'guilty' of leaving a blind-man in charge of a few sausages?

Far as I know , Kat was very sick HMs could hear her throwing up in the toilet , she was told by BB to rest.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yep I agree with you. That was ridiculous. He could have burned himself really badly. I lost a lot of respect for her over that. Those two deserve each other!

And like Tyler I remember thinking Mario wouldn't have stood for that. :D

Health and safety...

• Advertisement

What i found strange about that is how Lisa said go over and check them and jumped too it, did anybody else notice that? Is it that she just doesnt respect Mikey?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

In fairness, it is rather difficult to respect Mikey!

'Fraid I found it funny too. The pan was not full of hot grease just a layer of oil in the bottom. Rex did not suggest anything unsafe, shaking the pan not lifting it which would have been unsafe for a blind person.

Mikey, however, wouldn't be told and used a potato masher to move the sausages - thereby introducing cooked starch to the mixture - which would cause burning.

Having said that, I do agree that Nicole should have gone over to the cooker as she said she was looking after the sausages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Alice1 wrote: »

'Fraid I found it funny too. The pan was not full of hot grease just a layer of oil in the bottom. Rex did not suggest anything unsafe, shaking the pan not lifting it which would have been unsafe for a blind person.

Mikey, however, wouldn't be told and used a potato masher to move the sausages - thereby introducing cooked starch to the mixture - which would cause burning.

Having said that, I do agree that Nicole should have gone over to the cooker as she said she was looking after the sausages.

are you mad in the head? the poor man cant see a thing. shakeing the pan wouldnt do much, hows he to know wat side the sausages are on. makes me mad to be arguing about someone cooking sausages and all but, in fairness wat an ignorant cow that nicole one was.
    he used the potatoe masher to turn them and then nicole came over, they would have already been burnt , if they were.
    It wasnt mikeys fault they were, just that spoilt cow.

Details please on this statement? I have alot of respect for Mikey he speaks his mind doesnt mince his words.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Details please on this statement? I have alot of respect for Mikey he speaks his mind doesnt mince his words.

I think that Alice meant that if Lisa ordered/asked you to do something then there is a good probabilty that you would.

Whereas Mikey asking you to do something in his squeaky Scottish voice then you would tend to ignore it. And if he starting getting angie then you'd just laugh at him.

He just doesn't have an air of authority.

HaHa loved it when Mikey told Nicole she couldnt be head of house because she was only here a week, lay down the law Mikey :D

Thanks Armani - that is indeed part of why I think it is not easy to respect Mikey.

He has little regard for kitchen hygiene - and this, when you are cooking for other people can have really serious consequences. I don't think Mikey respects others very much and so I find it difficult to respect him.

I don't know very many people who are blind, however my own vision is rather poor and I do feel that Mikey, carrying on as he does, is doing a disservice to the blind.

I think that Alice meant that if Lisa ordered/asked you to do something then there is a good probabilty that you would.

Whereas Mikey asking you to do something in his squeaky Scottish voice then you would tend to ignore it. And if he starting getting angie then you'd just laugh at him.

He just doesn't have an air of authority.

Its not about authority its about common decency that if somebody asks you for a helping hand in doing something you would do it.
    Thanks Armani - that is indeed part of why I think it is not easy to respect Mikey.

He has little regard for kitchen hygiene - and this, when you are cooking for other people can have really serious consequences. I don't think Mikey respects others very much and so I find it difficult to respect him.

I don't know very many people who are blind, however my own vision is rather poor and I do feel that Mikey, carrying on as he does, is doing a disservice to the blind.

I think he is doing a fine job in there yes there is somethings he cant do but he is getting stuck in were he can which i admire he wants to do what he can and more sometimes. How do you feel he is doing a "disservice" to the blind community?

Tylerdurden,

I think it's fairly safe to say that you and I are not going to agree on this, so let's agree to differ. While I don't share your opinion I do respect it and your right to hold it.

Tylerdurden,

I think it's fairly safe to say that you and I are not going to agree on this, so let's agree to differ. While I don't share your opinion I do respect it and your right to hold it.

Fair dues, agree to differ done :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Interesting Opinion by BB's Dr Tomas
    Can Rex survive Nicole?

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=12660&housemateId=270&position=10
    Will King Rex be dethroned by the challenges posed by Nicole? Dr Tomas analyses their predicament...
    Last Friday Princess Nicole entered the house and it didn't take King Rex long to realise that there could not have been a worse present for him. Indeed, Nicole's entry puts at risk not only Rex's future in the BB House but also the couple's relationship, and both things seem to matter much more to him than to her.
    It's ironic that the person who equipped Rex with a sense of security that gained him the respect of other housemates (and even the viewers) now poses a real threat to Rex's kingdom. The only person in the House Rex seems to care for is incapable of returning even a fraction of affection, while the other housemates largely like him.
    Clearly, Nicole is not a present for the King, she is actually a task: the last and arguably most difficult task he will have to accomplish if he wants to be crowned winner. If anything, Nicole was a present to the other housemates, particularly those who resent the King.
    To be fair, Rex has already accomplished a lot. Ever since his first obstacle and nemesis Jen stood in his way (though he had more chemistry with her than with Nicole), Rex's confidence and charisma have grown exponentially. It will be extremely difficult for any other housemate to compete with him for the title of the biggest character in BB9 - this is true whatever happens to him: whether he wins, walks or is evicted.
    However, he will need more than confidence in order to avoid being dethroned while Nicole is in the house. First, he will have to accept that the "imaginary" Nicole (the one he kept describing) was much better than the real Nicole, or at least the Nicole we have seen so far.
    Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder but the princess's neurotic outbursts for not having a suitcase present her as spoiled, superficial, emotionally unstable, and, well, not very clever. Thus, Nicole has damaged Rex's image. Besides, she has made him more boring as he is now too focused on her and largely ignores other housemates.
    Second, Rex will have to digest the fact that Nicole will sooner or later discredit him with other housemates, who have already started to realise that Nicole is Rex's Achilles' heel. In effect, this means accepting that he may no longer be respected by the group - certainly not feared. Only finding out that Rex is poor would have had the same impact on other housemates.
    Third, and most painfully, Rex will have to accept that Nicole's decision to enter the house is neither a demonstration of affection nor an act of support, but a selfish attempt to use him to gain fame. In effect, this means accepting that he has lost control over Nicole and that their relationship is less important to her than the show-related fame.
    If this is true, the King would do well sacrificing his relationship - or whatever is left of it - for winning BB (even if he doesn't care about winning)

Could have put that in 1 sentence.
    He bought her.;)
    Wonder if he has the reciept?.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Could have put that in 1 sentence.
    He bought her.;)

Thats the difference between us and psychologists I suppose!!;):D

Good read.

i would love to take a dump on nicole's head.

that is all.

^^^^^

Strange but each to their own :pac:

does rex not realise that his girlfriend will probably watch the show after when she gets out, and will see all the stuff he says about her when shes not in the room.
    they wont be together 2 weeks after the show.

Did anyone else see Rex blatantly try to influence nommo's last night.
    He was telling Kat , Darnell and Rachel that Nicole is worried sick about being evicted and he thinks she should stay until the final week so she doesn't have too long to wait for him?. Stuart was stripped of HOH for talking about nominations so it will be interesting to see if Rex gets the same treatment from BB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Didn't see it but thats typical rex. I love how he assumes he'll be there in the final week!!! Pretty much everybody is worried about being evicted so should they all get to stay?

• Advertisement

He should be put up himself for trying to influence others.
    I do wonder though if it was reverse psychology in that he really doesn't want her there anymore and knows that if she is up she will definitely go.He has said it ruined his BB experience when she came in.

Advertisement