Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have I messed up with RAM????HELP!

Options
  • 29-07-2008 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    I'm a total newbie to upgrading and have messed up!
    I have a Compaq Presario C500EU laptop and I went on the Crucial website to find the type of memory then went on ebay to buy the 512mb card cheaper.
    Being an idiot I didn't realise that the 2 slots of memory are already used with 512mb each!
    What I bought off ebay was:512MB PC2 4200 DDR2 SODIMM 200PIN CL4 Laptop Memory.
    I emailed the seller who hadn't sent it yet and he has 1 gig but it is 5300(whatever that is) and if my laptop supports it he will send that £5 extra.
    Basically how do I know if my laptop supports it???
    Thanks!!!:confused::o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

If what he is sending you is DDR2 SO-DIMM 200pin PC5300, it should be backward compatible with your laptop and simply run at the slightly slower PC4200 speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

sdonn_1 wrote: »
    If what he is sending you is DDR2 SO-DIMM 200pin PC5300, it should be backward compatible with your laptop and simply run at the slightly slower PC4200 speed.

I presume its the same because he just said he has the 1 gig one but it's 5300.
    I will give it a go so.
    Thanks!!

Advertisement