Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Will the Co. Council tow a car with no tax/reg plates for free?

Options
  • 29-07-2008 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

Lads a quick one for ye.

I'm currently selling my old car (see sig) ... I've had a few offers for various parts of her. I'm reluctant to sell for parts as the car is outside my Mum and Dads house and they wont let me keep it there indefinitely (and definitely wont allow a scrapped car there).

One person told me that the council are obliged to tow away any car that has no reg plates and no tax disc.

Any truth in this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Gandalf23 wrote: »
    Lads a quick one for ye.

I'm currently selling my old car (see sig) ... I've had a few offers for various parts of her. I'm reluctant to sell for parts as the car is outside my Mum and Dads house and they wont let me keep it there indefinitely (and definitely wont allow a scrapped car there).

One person told me that the council are obliged to tow away any car that has no reg plates and no tax disc.

Any truth in this?

At no cost to the person who reported it which does not own the car. They'll take the VIN Number and look you up, plus send a bill for transport and crushing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

craichoe wrote: »
    They'll take the VIN Number and look you up, plus send a bill for transport and crushing

That's what an angle grinder is handy for! :D

Advertisement