Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Violence as Mullingar feud escalates

Options
  • 29-07-2008 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

Source RTE
    A total of six people are now in custody after a family feud escalated into serious violence in Co Westmeath.

Initial clashes which broke out on a housing estate in Mullingar spread to Midland Regional Hospital later in the afternoon.
    Two people had earlier been arrested on the Dalton Park estate after the row broke out between two families.

Locals reported that more than 30 people were throwing stones and other missiles in the centre of the estate.
    The dispute began at around 12pm and gardaí said it may have been triggered by what they described as a 'king of the tinkers-style' fist fight.
    Residents in the area say a major dispute has been underway between two feuding families for several months but only escalated into serious violence today.
    More than 20 gardaí attended the scene to restore calm and locals say up to 100 people were involved in what they described as a full-blown riot. One house was badly damaged.
    There were then further altercations between the same families this afternoon at the Midland Regional Hospital in Mullingar.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Anyone know whereabouts this is happening? Interested in it as my dad hails from Dalton Park, my Granddad still lives there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Scawgeen

Anyone know whereabouts this is happening? Interested in it as my dad hails from Dalton Park, my Granddad still lives there.

Dalton Park AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭phoenix-MT

started before 12 o colock anyway! lol i was at work at 10am when the helicopter was annoying me, i tried to have a sneaky peak at what was going on but some angry guard told me "nicely" to go away lol they had the whole estate blocked off. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Dalton Park

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭mru

Did I hear correctly on on the news last night that one of them punched a heavily pregnant woman? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Scawgeen wrote: »
    Dalton Park AFAIK.
    JP Liz wrote: »
    Dalton Park

I know it's Dalton Park but well it's hardly the whole estate at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭coillcam

mru wrote: »
    Did I hear correctly on on the news last night that one of them punched a heavily pregnant woman? :eek:

Yes.

Fwiw I'd transport them to some Island like lost and let them go toe to toe.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

are clips of the riot on you tube yet

not yet - but check this imbecile out...

http://www.youtube.com/v/66xUmdZYROI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param

OK the link didn't work but try this

• Advertisement

ta :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭coillcam

OK the link didn't work but try this

Haha I know that drunken idiot

Advertisement