Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A3 service

Options
  • 29-07-2008 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi

I need to service my '06 Audi A3. I would prefer not to go to an Audi dealership because my hunch is that the cost of a service through a dealership will be rip off. Would like to hear from other Audi drivers of their experience of where they get their service done i.e. any recommendations for other places (dublin area) that will do a good Audi service but won't cost as much as going to a dealership?

Thanks
    MP
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Brabus

Hi MP,

Firstly, what size engine is your A3?

I can tell you the details of my last service.

Audi A3 1.6 FSI ambition '05 reg. Mileage 28640kms.

Labour - €170:00
    Car Hire - €65:00 (one day)
    Longlife Oil - €51:48
    Battery (for key fob) - €4.21
    Replacement Tyre - €123.52
    Seal - €1.05
    Screen Wash - €2.47
    Filter Element - €16.51
    Wiper Blade (times 2) - €17.90

Total Parts €282.14 + Vat €38.10
    Labour €170 + Vat €22.95

Total Cost €513.19

As you can see it was a costly exercise.

This is called a lubrication service & was done by an Audi dealer down the country near where i live. So i imagine it would prob be dearer again in the Dublin area for something similar.

The only thing i could say would be to ring a few audi dealers around Dublin for quotes or even just outside dublin try Sheehys in Naas, Kildare or whoever is in Meath or Wicklow.
    There may only be a small difference in price between some of them.
    As your car is an '06 & relatively new you still have a year left on your warrenty so i would stick with a dealer this time round then next year go to an independent garage.

Or if you still want to go independent now, i'm sure theres plenty of places near you where you can go.

Hope thats of some use for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Total Cost €513.19

for an oil change:eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Plug wrote: »
    Total Cost €513.19

for an oil change:eek:

+ an expensive days car hire and a new tyre. not normally part
    of a service?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

copacetic wrote: »
    + an expensive days car hire and a new tyre. not normally part
    of a service?
    Still €325 for an oil change, expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A 2006 A3 should be outside of the original Audi warranty soon if it isn't already. If so I would be looking at getting it done by a highly recommended independant mechanic rather than paying expensive main dealer prices.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Jokeshop. I paid under €150 for a main dealer annual service on an 07 Focus 1.6 petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Brabus

Jokeshop. I paid under €150 for a main dealer annual service on an 07 Focus 1.6 petrol.

You pay more for the name & badge, you pay for the service.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Brabus wrote: »
    You pay more for the name & badge, you pay for the service.

Clearly. Doesn't make the rip off price any more appetising though does it?

Advertisement