Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sat Nav question

Options
  • 29-07-2008 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have a sat nav. Garmin Nuvi 370...and it's amazing. However I have one issue...or more so query.

I went driving down in Wicklow and was trying to get to Djouce woods. It's located off Old Hill Road, I couldn't find it on the GPS...but I eventually got there myself, however as I was driving up to it...low and behold..."Driving North On Old Hill Road" was displayed at the top of the map as they do on Garmins...

My question is why could it not find Old Hill Road in the search feature? I searched within Wicklow and within Ireland and even Search for all...and it didn't bring anything back. To be honest, I think the search for all feature is a bit of a joke and never really works well anyway but I was expecting once I search within Wicklow or even Ireland, it would show up but it didn't!

Any ideas?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

does it come up under "oldhill" as opposed to "old hill"?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

No unfortunately it does not. And do you know what it's even weirder? It does it for loads of roads in Wicklow? I don't get it...as it is in the system.

Apologies, and the road is Old Long Hill...I got it mixed up.

did you try just search for "old wick" or "long wick"?

Ok, I just checked it again...and it came up under Old Long Hill...but I sware it didn't come up earlier as I had checked before I drove down it.

This is really strange.

• Advertisement

hehe, they can be strange sometimes alright :(

Advertisement