Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiggle??

Options
  • 29-07-2008 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking at buying a racing bike that I will use to commute to work now and again also. Was looking at something like the Giant SCR 2.

My question is has anyone bought a bike from wiggle and how long does delivery take?
    They have the SCR 1.5 for €704 plus shipping. Looking at other prices on the web I could use €150 for equipment by purchasing from wiggle.

All help appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Wiggle are good folks, I've only used them once but didn't have a problem with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

SEORG wrote: »
    They have the SCR 1.5 for €704 plus shipping.

Shipping's free with wiggle - just make sure you deselect priority shipping if it offers it. Everything I've ordered there has shipped within 24 hours altough I've never bought a bike from them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Bambaata

got a bike just over a month ago from there. arrived within 3 or 4 days no problem. also ordered other stuff before and arrived fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

stuf wrote: »
    Shipping's free with wiggle - just make sure you deselect priority shipping if it offers it. Everything I've ordered there has shipped within 24 hours altough I've never bought a bike from them

I don't think bikes get free shipping from Wiggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

I've had only one dealing with Wiggle, and it wasn't the best, although they have committed to sorting out the problems.

The problems were that I ordered this:
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?Cat=cycle&ProdID=5360036846&N=Kryptonite%20New%20York%203000D%20With%20Free%207ft%20Kryptoflex%20Cable

1) The delivery only took place after I contacted the local delivery company, they had made no attempt to contact me prior to this, despite me giving 2 contact phone numbers.

2) The lock that they sent me out was a previous return (the packaging was all ripped) and more over there were items missing from within the package: a key and the correct mounting bracket to attach it onto the bike.

As I say they've said they'll send out a replacement FOC, but its still a hassle.

72oo

EDIT: The replacement lock just came out and it works fine. The return is going off in the post today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

i have bought loads of stuff from them and have never had any problems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

From reading other boards post on here everyone seems to recommend the Focus Cayo. I have no experience with them but they seem to get a good word

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I bought a Focus Cayo from them; it arrived quickly and was set up impeccably, I just had to attach the bars and pedals. Gearing, brakes etc. were perfect and needed no adjustment. Shipping of bikes to Ireland is £20.

Small thing- have you selected your delivery country as Ireland, as the price will jump a bit when you do (higher VAT rate.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

Only used them once, ordered last Friday morning, items arrived at work on Monday morning.

Won't apply to you, but for smaller orders they give you an extra discount if you add stuff to the basket that brings you over a price threshold, for me it was around the 50 quid mark. Ended up getting a pair of cheap gloves pretty much for free this way :)

penexpers wrote: »
    I don't think bikes get free shipping from Wiggle.

ahh - didn't realise that - just checked and it's €729.59 with the shipping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Im already a member of wiggle. Give me your email address and ill refer you as a friend. Think it works out that i get 10% of your order as vouchers and you get a free gift of some sort meaning were both winners. heh:D

c0rk3r wrote: »
    Im already a member of wiggle. Give me your email address and ill refer you as a friend. Think it works out that i get 10% of your order as vouchers and you get a free gift of some sort meaning were both winners. heh:D

you were beaten to that particular offer by about 10 hours ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭SEORG

Thanks for the replys everyone.

Re referrals: I had already signed up before I posted. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Just change your name by deed poll and move house. Then sign up again following this link. Simple!

I checked after PM'ing you last night and you can still have a referal if you haven't purchased yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 F1 rules

service is good iselecyed normal shipping and it despatch 2-7 days i got despatched in 2 days still hasnt arrvied yet:D:mad::eek::(:rolleyes:confused:

Advertisement