Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity shop in Balbriggan

Options
  • 29-07-2008 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

MODS feel free to move if this is the wrong place. or/ and copy it to the right place for me. PLEASE:)))
    We are about to open a charity shop in Balbriggan in aid of the North Fingal ADD/ADHD Parent and Adult support group and also the North Fingal Autism and Aspergers Support group.
    We need help in any of the following ways

1 By volunteering to work directly in the shop for a few hours a week.
    You will receive training from the shop manager .This is an excellent opportunity to get out and make friends while helping a worthwhile cause.

2, By doing donation collections. Here we would ask for you to give 5 bags , one each to family and friends and ask for them to fill their bags with donations. We would ask for you to collect the bags and return them to the shop in Balbriggan, or other collection points around Dublin.

Just so you know the proceeds will go towards funding the role of an advocacy worker who will work with families of people with ALL disabilities this , in the past has proven to be mostly Parents of Children with Autism and Aspergers and families effected by ADD/ADHD, throughout Fingal.

We need to get help in order to give it.

For more information please contact Fiona Halligan at 01-8020484 , if shes not there can you leave a message or pm me.

Thanks,

Cathy

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Hi Cathy,

Good luck with this,it is a really good cause and I hope it all goes well for you.
    Where will the shop be located?

Rach

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

No 1 Clonard street, beside the medical centre.
    thanks for the supprt, now and in the past.
    cathy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

What will and what won't you be accepting in the shop?

Most things are fine, we cant take electrical .. we think it would ne near on impossible to sell on Extremly large teddies, but everything else is fine,
    Bric a brack, clothes, toys, books, cosmetics.
    Thanks again,
    cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

Great to see this as I'm sick of some of the scam collection stickers that I get in the door.

• Advertisement

hi Dubmick, yep I think it just came that I was giving so much of my things to chairty yet at the same time begging for help for the different groups .We are trying but like I have posted we still need help.

If anyone knows of a person that can paint the shop sign "FRIENDS" in nice fancy writeing can they get them to pm me or pm me their number.
    We can do a lot of things ourself but things like that...I dont think so, can hardly paint my nails!!!
    As always thanks all .
    Cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Why don't you get onto the lads on Balbriggan.net and get them to post up your message and request for donations for the shop.

I'm sure they'd be only too willing to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MJ1

Hi, what is a good time to call you. I know someone who would be interested in helping out in the shop on a voluntary basis. Very best wishes MJ

hi ya, anyone thats interested in Volunteering can ring Helen on 8020484.
    The more help the better,
    thanks again,
    cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

Ive donated to the ADHD shop in Balbriggan many times

But this week I decided to have a look around. Cause of the recession I haven't bought any of the monthly glossy mags and I was delighted to see a stock of current magazines (i.e all 2010) so am knee deep (well ankle deep) in Vogue, Marie Claires, In Style etc.

So if any of you ladies still buy the monthly mags drop them into the ADHD shop as I'll be back next month to hopefully pick up the March & April editions.

Thanks

P.S. it's just the in date (no older than 3-4 months) monthly magazines that seem to have the saleability factor :rolleyes: i.e. no-one was going for the out of date Bellas / Womans Own etc - sorry !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Cathy are you still looking for someone to make the Friends sign? Let me know.

hi ya, we got sorted for the signm thanks a million.We have funded the advocaey worker now ,s o shes full time from this week, if anyone needs any help.Ring 8020484 and ask for SarahMcNally.
    thanks all,cathy

Advertisement