Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latin theme party

Options
  • 29-07-2008 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

Hi there, was thinking of having a theme for bday party this year as opposed to the usual come over for a few bevies type of bday. So anyhows,,, thinking of latin themed party but the only things i can think of at the mo are mexican beer, tequila and a latin cd i have:D. Yes i know i need help. Any ideas????? THANKS

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Food wise you could go for nachos, little burritos etc. Google stuff like "fiesta theme" and the likes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Disco Stu

Salsa dancers...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Disco Stu wrote: »
    Salsa dancers...

Good idea, ill get the lads to dress up:) ok so Im getting green and red balloons and thats as far as ive got. Was looking up websites for party supplies but theres none in Ireland who do fiesta stuff:confused: course dont wanna spend a fortune either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

If you can find some big polka-dot tablecloths you could fasten them around people and have them flamenco!

Look for castanetes in €2 stores

Cook paella for a Spanish theme or tacos for Mexican

Get a piñata in Easons, not sure how much they cost

(Might wanna do this one outside) Get a couple of buckets of tomatoes and fling 'em at each other! (It's a new Spanish thing) You could make it into a war game.

If you have a dog or even a cat, get a red towel or piece of clothing and goad the animal into a mock bullfight.

Dress up as Manuel from Fawlty Towers and tell everyone how you "learn Eenglish from a book"

If you need any help with some latin-y songs PM me and I can e-mail you some.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Neesa wrote: »
    If you can find some big polka-dot tablecloths you could fasten them around people and have them flamenco!

Look for castanetes in €2 stores

Cook paella for a Spanish theme or tacos for Mexican

Get a piñata in Easons, not sure how much they cost

(Might wanna do this one outside) Get a couple of buckets of tomatoes and fling 'em at each other! (It's a new Spanish thing) You could make it into a war game.

If you have a dog or even a cat, get a red towel or piece of clothing and goad the animal into a mock bullfight.

Dress up as Manuel from Fawlty Towers and tell everyone how you "learn Eenglish from a book"

If you need any help with some latin-y songs PM me and I can e-mail you some.

Thanks a mil,,,,
    exactly the ideas i need, got 2 cats so we'll organise some "el toro" stuff!! poor cats get tormented enough by the kids.:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20083033.index

Lidl are doing Iberian Specials starting on the 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

sorry to bump up an old thread, I just don't like making a new one if there's one the same.
    We're doing the same kinda party for myself, do you know where I would get those Mexican scarves? (Serapes I think they're called), even seen material like it?
    1202091.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 honeybunny.ie

Hi Sera, we once had a Mexican themed party and it was just brilliant! Try joke.co.uk for the Mexican pochos and hats. There's a brilliant company called partybox.co.uk, unfortunatley they only deliver to UK, but if you have a friend in the UK or in the North perhaps they can order and send it on to you. We got some great wall decorations with a Mexican desert and blow up cactei there.
    We also had water guns and a crazy guy organised hay balls for us to sit on.

Food was already mentioned, nachos, tortillas... Put on some Latino classics like Jennifer Lopez and Enrique Iglesias once in a while and I'm sure the Macarena won't fail either!

Have fun! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Hi Sera, we once had a Mexican themed party and it was just brilliant! Try joke.co.uk for the Mexican pochos and hats. There's a brilliant company called partybox.co.uk, unfortunatley they only deliver to UK, but if you have a friend in the UK or in the North perhaps they can order and send it on to you. We got some great wall decorations with a Mexican desert and blow up cactei there.
    We also had water guns and a crazy guy organised hay balls for us to sit on.

Food was already mentioned, nachos, tortillas... Put on some Latino classics like Jennifer Lopez and Enrique Iglesias once in a while and I'm sure the Macarena won't fail either!

Have fun! :D
    you're absolutely brilliant, thank you so much! <3 I'll try those sites now.

Advertisement