Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using 2 routers at home

Options
  • 29-07-2008 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

First off, is this possible!?

Our original Netopia router has never had any problems and I've altered settings easily enough in the past to access Xbox Live etc.

What Im planning to do now is to use a second router at home. The new one (which is actually someone elses old one) is a Netgear DG834GT. Its picking up the DSL alrite but won't show web pages. I tried ipconfig and accessed the router settings after finding the appropriate passwords online. All I need now is to know what settings to edit in this new routers page in order to browse the web and play xbox.

I've had a look on portforward.com but I can't seem to find the right thing.

I remember on our Netopia I had to change firewall settings and instruct it to accept xbox live but I can't see anything similar here at the minute.

Any help, much appreciated.

Ta.

Comments

Advertisement