Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Victim of road rage - advice needed

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Darragh29 wrote: »
    People I've seen taking drugs makes them lose control and act extrovertly, hence why they take them.
    I'm going to hold my hands up here and admit that i'm no expert on the effects of illegal drugs on drivers.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Anan1 wrote: »
    I'm going to hold my hands up here and admit that i'm no expert on the effects of illegal drugs on drivers.:)

Well I'm no expert either, but I've seen people out of their bin and obviously on drugs and they act irrationally and extrovertly and are out of sinc with those around them. My only advice to the OP is to consider this as a possibility before thinking you can have a rational conversation with someone in this situation, or worse still, go down the law road with them, then you are a witness in court, they have your name and address and you have your windows put in or worse. Just forget them, write them off as probable drug addicts, rise above it and continue on with your life...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,910 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Calina wrote: »
    Doesn't matter if it's their fault, it doesn't take away the utter inconvenience that having an accident, even if it's someone else's fault. Even if you walk out of it.

+1. I was the innocent party in a low speed (5kph total speed if even - I was stationary) rear ending, no chance of it being my fault, other parties first words were "I'm sorry, its my fault". Still had about an hour on the phone with insurance firms, stupidly long form to fill out for MY insurer (not his), hour in the garage signing off stuff for the repair, etc, etc. And that was an extremely minor crash with only cosmetic (but expensive - 900 eur on 3000 eur worth of car) damage.

Being rear ended at high speed, even if its the other persons fault (almost undoubtable would be) is going to be far worse in terms of hassle - could be injured with doctors and physios, car is likely to need structural work if not be a write off; a day or more of hassle with it and hire cars, etc if it is repairable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

where do i start,i've just read through this thread and have come to the conclusion that if anyone wants to know why irish poeple in general are such bad drivers then they should start here,such misinformation,bad advice and dangerous practises ive never seen offerd as solutions to a problem

This thread resembles a little piece of irish driving habits,its like the mad cow on friday evening,you are fighting with each other as to whatrs the best course of action for getting your own back on a bad driver,most of you come across as dreadful drivers to be quite honest.

The OP told their story and asked for advice from people who have made such complaints and following it up,yet 90% of the posts are about how they should have dealt with the situation,some assumed the OP was guilty and a driving anti christ without proof and proceeded to attack them,assumptions were made about dual carraigeways and whatnot,of course the OP is not beyond blame with their brake testing antics too.

Im not even going to address the drug driving issue,where di dthat come from? the guy behind you might be on cocaine hence the reason for him driving in such a manner? he might also just be an obnoxious arrogant pr*%k that happens to live a drug free lifestyle.

Ive never seen such a grand display of the angry little man as ive seen on this thread,i love it when people start replies with "wrong wrong wrong" i just can't help hearing BEEP BEEP BEEP, or seeing flash flash flash as in how dare you say that or how dare you be so stupid as to pull out in front of me or drive at the sign posted speed limit while im late for work etc!

guys if you get so worked up sitting behind a pc monitor because some one posts something you don't quite agree with then id hate to see how you react in traffic when someone makes a genuine mistake or someone through bad driving habits does something that annoys you,i guess the sanctuary and remoteness of the keyboard and PC relates quite nicely to the sanctuary and secureness of the metal shell with central locking,such situations do wonders for the dutch courage and personification of bad attitude in so many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

good post, well said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Junior #8

>>I'm willing to bet the vast majority of those replies come from people atop their moral >>high horse who have never had a moron behind them driving too close or with their high
    >>beams on. It is extremely distracting/off putting and a bigger bloody danger then simply
    >>tapping a brake pedal to illuminate your brake lights

Correct and right, kudos for honesty there.

On another note though,
    I drive a golf, tDI, im 20, but look about 18 or so, and the looks i get while driving is incredible.
    Firstly, Im mildly courteous on the roads, drive at 10% over the speed limit at most if and when i do, and drive about 28000 miles per year.
    Ive seen alot of things.
    On the M1, people have got to learn to drive on the inside lane. The unmarked gardai have to stop driving dangerously and stop driving whilst on the phone. If im keen-eyed enough to spot them, its always a case of them driving right up my ass. All the time.

Im really starting to get sick of the use of the word "boy" as a slur for all young male drivers. Its discriminatory at this stage
    I for one have no points, no claims and a perfectly conforming car that i work hard to keep on the road.
    So why am i being tarred with the same brush as everyone else?

I was driving through Navan one night at two o'clock, and was followed by a marked garda car. After what must have been 4 or 5 miles he decided to pull me over. Next thing they asked could they search the car, the checked my licence and all the rest only thing they could say to me was slow down.

But i was doing the bloody speed limit the entire way! Who are they to tell me to slow down if they themselves drive recklessly.

Also another time they pulled me over in an unmarked mondeo, and rang my insurance company to check my policy.
    Are they allowed to do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

tossy wrote: »

The OP told their story and asked for advice from people who have made such complaints and following it up,yet 90% of the posts are about how they should have dealt with the situation,some assumed the OP was guilty and a driving anti christ without proof and proceeded to attack them,assumptions were made about dual carraigeways and whatnot,of course the OP is not beyond blame with their brake testing antics too.

Welcome to the Motors forum where you will see many high horses. Beautiful stallions galloping around these parts all day long :D

Every now and then someone like yourself spots what's going on and posts something like what you did. But it will pretty much go ignored and the stallions will come out of their stables once again ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭tiredmam

tossy wrote: »
    where do i start,i've just read through this thread and have come to the conclusion that if anyone wants to know why irish poeple in general are such bad drivers then they should start here,such misinformation,bad advice and dangerous practises ive never seen offerd as solutions to a problem

This thread resembles a little piece of irish driving habits,its like the mad cow on friday evening,you are fighting with each other as to whatrs the best course of action for getting your own back on a bad driver,most of you come across as dreadful drivers to be quite honest.

Im not even going to address the drug driving issue,where di dthat come from? the guy behind you might be on cocaine hence the reason for him driving in such a manner? he might also just be an obnoxious arrogant pr*%k that happens to live a drug free lifestyle.

Ive never seen such a grand display of the angry little man as ive seen on this thread,i love it when people start replies with "wrong wrong wrong" i just can't help hearing BEEP BEEP BEEP, or seeing flash flash flash as in how dare you say that or how dare you be so stupid as to pull out in front of me or drive at the sign posted speed limit while im late for work etc!

guys if you get so worked up sitting behind a pc monitor because some one posts something you don't quite agree with then id hate to see how you react in traffic when someone makes a genuine mistake or someone through bad driving habits does something that annoys you,i guess the sanctuary and remoteness of the keyboard and PC relates quite nicely to the sanctuary and secureness of the metal shell with central locking,such situations do wonders for the dutch courage and personification of bad attitude in so many.

Well that shut them up :D Well said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

tiredmam wrote: »
    Well that shut them up :D Well said.

Aw Tossy - ya woke yer Ma up just for that :p

@ Peasant - thanks for the lenient modding for my earlier post in this thread, appreciate your broad-mindedness and support for a less brutally moderated [ie. sterile] boards.ie ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Raiser wrote: »
    Aw Tossy - ya woke yer Ma up just for that :p

@ Peasant - thanks for the lenient modding for my earlier post in this thread, appreciate your broad-mindedness and support for a less brutally moderated [ie. sterile] boards.ie ;)

Ahhh ...mod flattery and a "yore ma" all rolled into one
    :D

I think that thread had run it's course, no need to drag it up again just for that.

Now closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement