Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Critical Mass Bicyclist Assaulted by NYPD"

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

http://critical-mass.info/police.html

Seems this happens quite often at these events.

Its sad to think that in "the land of the free", the right to protest is now met with extreme hostility from the police. I'd say you would have more success doing one of these in Tian'anMen square!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

More importantly does some other cyclist take the opportunity to steal his bike at the end :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

seamus wrote: »
    So he walks more-or-less into the the cyclist's path, the cyclist decides he won't stop, and now you have cop standing halfway in the cyclist's way. He hits the cop, and it very much looks like the cop pushed him off, when in fact what the cop did was simply put his shoulder in the way to protect himself.

I just pulled the trigger, the victim walked into the bullet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

That police officer should -
    (1) be arrested for assault
    (2) be sacked from the force
    (3) be charged with making a false statement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

this forum gives an illuminating look into the mindset of the average american police officer. i think it's also interesting to point out that the cop in question is third generation hippy-beater. i can only imagine what his father and grandfather used to get up to in the days before tourists with video cameras, or the stories that young pogan grew up listening to, or the very different versions of those stories that ended up being filed on official arrest papers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I saw that forum earlier. It has a glorious lack of self awareness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

From the forum tom mentions:

"If his intention was to dismount a cyclist, a stick to the front spokes would have been a far safer, more effective method."

Dear lord, "safer" is hardly the word that springs to mind. So much for "serve and protect". I hope the Gardai have a slightly more considered approach when dealing with someone, even if a biker were in the wrong, I would hate to think that someone would try and take them down in such a dangerous manner.

Advertisement