Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nokia car kit-upgrade?

Options
  • 29-07-2008 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi lads,

have a Nokia car kit and into it fits a Nokia 6230i

What options have i for getting a newer phone? Will any fit into this cradle?

Or any options to convert to a Bluetooth kit, would it require removeing the existing kit?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

how long have you got the existing kit?

to take a different phone, its just a metter of taking out the 6230 cradle and replacing it for a cradle to suit your new phone. but bear in mind that some phones have no cradles available for them like the N95.

if your kit is a CK-7W advance it should be bluetooth enabled, best way to check this is to turn on the bluetooth on your phone while your in your car and do a bluetooth search and see if it picks up te nokia kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭darrenoneill33

I've just changed my car and the kit is in the car i bought, i didn't get it installed. I'd prefer something like a Parrot which i've used before and found great. But seems a shame to take out a perfectly good kit like the Nokia one, so was just wondering what options there was.

Advertisement