Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you read for core English 3rd year?

Options
  • 29-07-2008 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

As far as I can tell for people doing split degrees (I'm doing 30 credits English), the core subjects are Renaissance Literature (Semester 1)
    Reading the Middle Ages II Love and Religion (Semester 1)
    American Modernism (Semester 2)
    Nineteenth-Century Literature and Culture (Semester 2)

and I was reading the reading lists for them. Obviously there's a tonne of reading but assuming the texts are the same this year as they were for third year students last year, what texts would you say are most important to have read by the time we start back? Will I need to buy the various anthologys listed or could I get away with just the American Poetry and the Complete Shakespeare?
    And what texts did you find were hardest/most demanding to get through?

Any advice or anecdotes welcomed! I really want to be prepared this year as reading was an absolute nightmare for everyone in second year.

Advertisement