Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballinamuck - Transport

Options
  • 29-07-2008 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Does anyone know if there is public transport around the Ballinamuck are heading towards Longford? If there is none, how far is it to walk.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

No public transport,

http://www.irishtourist.com/longford/towns/ballinamuck/

Map of the distance which walking would be a long time!!
    What do you need it for if you don't mind me asking??

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

Whartons do a run between Cavan and Longford every morning which pass by Gauge Cross in Balinamuck and it also returns later that day. I think it leaves Arva at about 8 or 8.30 in the morning so it should pass Balinamuck about 10 or 15 mins afterwards. Whartons number is 049 4337000 if ya want to contact them to get a more accurate time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Xylophonic

Cheers scudster!
    jonny24ie wrote: »
    No public transport,

http://www.irishtourist.com/longford/towns/ballinamuck/

Map of the distance which walking would be a long time!!
    What do you need it for if you don't mind me asking??

My family are thinking of moving out that way, so we just wanted to know what the transport situation was like. We are looking at other areas also.

Darren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

You'd need to be driving to live somewhere like Ballinamuck.

A private bus runs past Gaigue cross. It goes from Cavan to Longford a few times a day.
    Can't recall the name of the company, but if you ask in the bus station they'll tell you.

• Advertisement

Advertisement