Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22-250 needs a new barrel! PS Hi...

Options
  • 29-07-2008 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

:)Hi there members! i found this web site while doing a search for 22-250 related stuff!
    I have a 22-250 and i have had it for a fair few years now. its a remmi. Its a bit worn out and i was considering having a new barrel fitted by some one in Ireland if possible. But some people have told me that i will have to go to england:eek:

How do i deal with all the form filling and what sort of forms do i need to ask the police for.
    Is it possible just to send such a large centerfire by courrier? as i wouls think that this causes a lot less trouble to the whole process.

Sorry for posing such a stomper of a question but i'm unable to find these answers in relation to Irish law and proper proceedure.

Thanking you all very much in advance of any one willing to take the time to explain me.

Many thanks Cisco

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Try John Greene, Waterford, 086 3554425

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Try John Greene, Waterford, 086 3554425

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

its not a big deal to send your rifle to england for rebarreling your RFD is used to importing exporting firearms every week and will do the paper work for you ,a match grade lother walther barrel if not in stock will take about 12 weeks form walther on adverage and about 630 sterling that is including reproofing ,the job should not take much longer than that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

gunsarewe wrote: »
    :)Hi there members! i found this web site while doing a search for 22-250 related stuff!
    I have a 22-250 and i have had it for a fair few years now. its a remmi. Its a bit worn out and i was considering having a new barrel fitted by some one in Ireland if possible. But some people have told me that i will have to go to england:eek:

How do i deal with all the form filling and what sort of forms do i need to ask the police for.
    Is it possible just to send such a large centerfire by courrier? as i wouls think that this causes a lot less trouble to the whole process.

Sorry for posing such a stomper of a question but i'm unable to find these answers in relation to Irish law and proper proceedure.

Thanking you all very much in advance of any one willing to take the time to explain me.

Many thanks Cisco

Welcome to the Site!!

Would you know roughly how many rounds went through the remi before it started to misbehave?

Only reason I ask is because my bro is looking for a 22/250

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gunsarewe

I dont have a clue as i'm the forth owner!! sorry..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

gunsarewe wrote: »
    I dont have a clue as i'm the forth owner!! sorry..

unless your very fond of your rifle it might cheeper to buy a new or sh one the gun shops are full of real good sh rifles

Advertisement