Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Egg Trays??

Options
  • 29-07-2008 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Hello hope this is the right forum

im looking to buy a load of Egg Trays.. im soundproofing a room and on the inside of the room i need to coat the walls and ceiling with egg trays to stop reverb withing the room... can anyone point me in the direction of someone who can sell me a wholesale lot of egg trays?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

I tried that one and it isn't really effective. If you want real sound proofing and dampening you will have to spend a few bob on the right stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

yea cheers man, we are actually building a propper soundproof room from scratch, the egg trays are simply for inside the booth just to cut down on reverb in the mics.. the soundproofing will be built into the walls and outside the room..

anyone know where i can get a hold of these trays?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

I got mine through the yellow pages, although that was in england. There is a section 'Eggs -Wholesale' in the 07/09 golder pages with 14 companies listed. have a look at yours and give a ring to the one nearest you and see if they are prepared to sell you the trays you need or give you the number of their egg tray supplier.

Just to make you laugh, I got a slow setting glue and had to spend some time proping up the egg trays till they eventually stuck, should have used a nail gun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Oldtree wrote: »
    Just to make you laugh, I got a slow setting glue and had to spend some time proping up the egg trays till they eventually stuck, should have used a nail gun!

hehe i'll bare that in mind man cheers hehe... we have a long week of building ahead of us but im sure it will be full of fun and games.. yea right!! haha

cheers man i'll give the pages a looking :)

Advertisement