Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All About You:

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Going into Second Year BA English and Spanish

Unemployed

Live in the bog of Celclough (Between Celbridge and Ardclough)

Hobbies include drinking, shouting and chain smoking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Unemployed

Ah, never realized that the in-between stretch of road had a name before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Ah, never realized that the in-between stretch of road had a name before!

Its not a real name unfortunatly :(... its neither here nor there so ya just kinda have to improvise! Tis some craic tryna direct taxi drivers after a nite out!

Haha I can imagine!!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭moggins7

moggins i think me and you need to have a chat, we have some common interests to discuss :D
    yes i am selling copies;)... see ya in the SU in 29 days.. less than a calendar month t go, yeay!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Frnchmn

Hi everyone :)

I'll be studying in Maynooth in september as an Erasmus student (Frenchman living in Paris but studying in Versailles) - mainly studying English, Spanish and Irish.. languages in other words :)

I'll be living on campus according to the last news hehe.. I've been told the accomodation office could not be reliable at times!

Anyway, Im looking forward to being over there. À bientôt !

Frnchmn wrote: »
    Hi everyone :)

I'll be studying in Maynooth in september as an Erasmus student (Frenchman living in Paris but studying in Versailles) - mainly studying English, Spanish and Irish.. languages in other words :)

I'll be living on campus according to the last news hehe.. I've been told the accomodation office could not be reliable at times!

Anyway, Im looking forward to being over there. À bientôt !
    your hardly the french person im living with no:confused::confused: carrick 8 by any chance(damn res office not puttin me an my mates tgether:(:()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

More than one French student in Maynooth I'd suspect. At least 2 of em. Possibly 3

ah now sure there hardly any erasmus students in nuim, there's a good chance this is my housemate!!!:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

The name's Michelle.

Live in Blanch, nice and easy access to Maynooth!

Started in Maynooth last year doing Biotech but dropped out. Went back, repeated my exams and I'm due to start an Arts Degree this September. I plan on taking English, Geography and either French or Nua-Ghaeilge. Decisions decisions!

Aaanyway, on to the important stuff!

Interests include mainly drinking and attempting to dance.

Like a birra the musac. Crystal castles, Hot Chip, Sigur Ros, Digitalism and British Sea power to name a few...

I work in a bakery/deli near my house which keeps me going.

I don't know anyone else starting in Maynooth this year so if anyone else is taking the same subjects as me, HI!

Over and out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Unemployed

your hobbies intriuge me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭dcugirl18

hey anyone else going into first year biotech?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Not to be insulting, but did DCU not work out?

Not to be insulting, but did DCU not work out?
    i was thinkin the exact same thing actually!!

Just curious as I did a year in UCD before moving out to Maynooth.

I can safely say it was the best decision of my life, despite the fact I had to pay full fees last year. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭dcugirl18

yeh gonna miss dcu but the course didnt work out, it really is a degree factory there!! did u find it tough starting as a first year again last year?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

-Hopefully final year bsc maths depending on saturdays results did one depressing year in trinnity same course.
    -Live in my car lol
    -Work at home in accountants office zzzzzzz
    -Hobbies: Poker Chess Pool Bowling and ebay

dcugirl18 wrote: »
    yeh gonna miss dcu but the course didnt work out, it really is a degree factory there!! did u find it tough starting as a first year again last year?

Heck no! :)

I know it gets thrown around quite a bit, but Maynooth really is as nice as everyone says.

Plus, you have a year's experience now, you know how college works (or should work....gah! UCD admin.....ARGH!).

Whatever happens, try to do as much as you can on Fresher's week (including orientation stuff - the first two people I met on my tour are now two of my best mates).

And remember.......I'll be around Fresher's week trying to get lots of free stuff while dodging those Bank of Ireland dudes on south campus.....

So shout if you're in trouble!

^_^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Start masters on Monday, load of mates already there so I'll be ripping it up as much as possible!

Yaaay free stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

starting irish lit masters next week.

living in dublin. into hardcore and other stupid stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

did my HDip in Maynooth
    lived in Lyreen Manor

Best college year ever :D

Advertisement